Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions to offer.
    My fiance and I are getting married in 7 months. It's a small, simple ceremony at a Japanese Garden. We will have about 20 guests.
    We want to somehow include my 9 year old daughter into the ceremony. Has anyone seen this done tastefully and simply or does anyone have any suggestions?
    I have read about family candle lighting, family vows, and family symbols. We don't want anything like that. Just a small gesture to help her feel included.
    I was thinking something along the lines of just having her stand up with us and handing off the rings to the officiant.
    Any suggestions would be great!
    Thanks, Beth

\"This too shall pass\"

I was 11 when my dad was remarried and I did a reading. I thought that was pretty cool. I also got to ride in the limo with them to the reception, which was WAY cool!

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Thanks, Mary. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience as a child. Her dad just got married on Friday and she's pissed and has been crying about it. So, it's really important we make her feel a part of our wedding and not let her feel left out.

\"This too shall pass\"

I was going to suggest she do a reading (if she feel sconfident enough) and handing the rungs to you is also a lovely idea. Congratulations! I got married last year and have fond memories of the day.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

You have the right idea to include her somehow. Maybe you could ask her to read a little poem or as you suggested being a "ringbearer"?

It can't be easy when parents remarry. I'm sure she'll feel happier soon tho.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Aw, Shiva, I feel bad for your daughter. I hope everything works out for her with your wedding. That stuff can be tough, I sure know that! Congrats again!!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

what about the guestbook? Do you have oe? Is someone already in charge of that?
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

as well as the ideas that other people said...how about a present to say thank you for making the day special.

Like at some weddings the bride gives bridesmaids presents (I got a necklace) so you could do something like that for her.

xxx. congratulations btw. Even though it's a while away I hope the day is uber special for you. xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~