Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok...my b/f thinks he can just eat anything thats laying around! He ate a piece of chicken today that has been in the fridge for a week now! I was going to throw it out and it was gone...he said he ate it it! Not only that. I threw away a tub of butter yesterday and he went in the trash and used it just to have some butter!!! I am sooo freaked out that he will get food poisoning! help! Do you think he will be really sick now?
    *Mandi*

Anyone there? I dont know what to think or do. Im starting to feel sick now Im afraid he's gonna be V* all nite. He's not home now and I keep wanting to call him to see how hes doing. OMg. This sucks!
    *Mandi*

I doubt he will get sick!! I think it takes a while for cooked, refrigerated food to rot to the point that it'll make you sick. It would have probably had a foul smell if it was bad to eat. And, as for the butter, as long as it didnt touch any garbage it should be fine. Try not to worry too much and don't lose sleep over it! People have eaten much much worse.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

please try not to worry im sure he'll be fine! as long as the chicken was wrapped up, and the butter had a lid on it, you should have nothing to worry about!

feel better

-hayley

I've eaten week old chicken before with no problem (a week is about the
    maximum amount of time you should leave it in the fridge).

The butter thing is kind of gross, but more for the fact that this guy
    will eat out of the trash. Yuck! He shouldn't make a habit of it but
    he'll probably be okay this time. Especially if it was actually
    margerine because that has tons of preservatives in it.

My dad views expiration dates as 'suggestions', and leaves food in the fridge for quite awhile sometimes before eating it. He grew up very poor, so is of the mentality that wasting food is a sin. He has also never gotten food poisoning from this habit- the only time it's happened was when my brother made sushi in cooking class, and neglected to tell him how old it was! So, I guess the moral is that unless it's raw, you're probably safe.

I say don't worry about it unless he actually becomes sick- chances are that you're working yourself up over something that is unlikely to happen....right now you probably feel worse than he does!

(lol- and tell him to stay out of the garbage next time- silly boys)

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My perspective is that if he was stupid enough to eat food out of the trash or out of the fridge without asking how old it was, then it is his fault if he gets sick. No pity, WHATSOEVER! Common sense was lacking in his judgement call there.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by crimgoddess

My dad views expiration dates as 'suggestions', and leaves food in the fridge for quite awhile sometimes before eating it.
    Most of my family do that too. My mums friend worked in some place and she said use by dates ares just there as a guidance so they're well covered if anyone does get ill.

I'm sure he'll be fine, like someone else above said...people have eaten worse.

xxx.
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Mandi -

Look at it like this... IF he gets sick, at least you'll know what it's from and not have to wonder whether or not you are going to catch it! I think he'll be ok though. As long as the chicken was refrigerated, it should be fine. I think it would have tasted funny if it was bad.

Let us know how he's doing...

Marby