Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am really panicing right now because my stomach has been off since this afternoon. It doesn't really hurt, but I have a burning feeling in my stomach and now it is rumbling a lot and I'm starting to get scared that I'm going to have d* for some reason or that I'm starting with an sv*. (My stomach never seems to rumble and make noises like this)

My stomach has been off a lot lately due to me being pregnant and the anxiety, stress, and lack of sleep from my car accident last week - but I'm really starting to freak out and my husband could totally care less. He actually thinks I'm crazy and that I worry way too much about v*ing.

If my stomach is rumbling and I feel n* does that mean I'm going to have d* soon? I'm so scared and shaking right now! I have taken Pepto Bismol 3 times tonight and yet my stomach is stillrumbling and I feel n*. UGH! I can't take this waiting around just to see if IT is going to happen. I wash, wash, wash my hands all the time but on Sat. night I had to go to the ER for an Xray from my car accident and I'm afraid maybe I picked something up there. No one was sick with v* or d* while I was there and I washed my hands twice while there and Purelled 2 or 3 times and then took a shower as soon as I got home - - but what if that wasn't enough?!?

Relax hon! You're pregnant, and you know by now that pregnancy
    does some strange things to our bodies. The n* can be explained
    simply by being pregnant, especially because you're getting close to
    the end. Your stomach can't hold as much food, so that can make
    you n*. Also that burning feeling - stomach acid backing up - your
    tummy is being mushed up by the baby. For me the rumbles were
    gas - I swear, a glass of water would give me gas! lol! I think if you
    were going to have d* you would have had it by now. Plus, all of the
    pepto could be upsetting your stomach even more. Try eating a
    bland, light snack, like a piece of bread, or crackers, or even dry
    cereal, along with a sip of Sprite or something like that. Just getting
    something on your stomach will probably make a world of difference.
    If your stomach has been off since this afternoon, I think if it was a
    sv you'd be ill by now. They usually come on hard and fast, within
    an hour or two, not over the course of a day. You took all of the
    precautions at the hospital, so try not to worry about that. Just try to
    relax, watch some TV or read a book. I'll check back on in a little
    bit, let me know how you're doing!

Thanks so much for responding Peachykeen. I did lay down and relax a bit and watched some tv. My stomach still feels yucky but I'm going to try to go to sleep and hope that it feels better tomorrow. I know, I should def. know by now that pregnancy is what does this to my stomach......but I still worry that it's an sv*. Especially since it's going around so much in this area right now! And every day is a different n* feeling so I never know what to expect.

I'll come back again and let you know how I'm doing. Thanks for the support, it really does help!

How are you feeling?
    I remember when I was pregnant, it does strange things to the digestive system. But, I never ever got sick in that way during my pregnancy. I think you are on the right track with relaxing and trying to get some rest. I hope you wake up feeling much better.

\"This too shall pass\"

Oh.. and it is my understanding that sv's come on really violently, strong and fast. So, hopefully it's just a fluke. Feel better.
    \"This too shall pass\"

That's true, with a sv*, you usually start with diarrhea or v* shortly after you start to feel yucky. You wouldn't feel bad for hours and hours first. So try to relax [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]. I know, easier said than done!

Hi AAR13......hope you are feeling better now...i know how you are feeling...i haven't felt well for 2 days now and i am still not right....who knows what causes all of this stuff...i just wanted to wish you well today and to say i hope you feel better soon....K
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks all. You would think by now that I would get it in my head that my stomach issues are all pregnancy related since I've been feeling like this (mostly at night) throughout most of my pregnany and also during my 1st pregnancy. It's just that sv* season is here and my anxiety is high because my daughter is in kindgarten and I'm so afraid she is going to catch it and then I will.

I am at work today and feeling better, but I'm still tired from my accident and not getting any sleep. My stomach is off - but again, I just have to keep telling myself it's all due to pregnancy. 2 MORE MONTHS TO GO!!!!!!