Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, back in September I finally got my ish together and moved out of my parents house. Fun for the first few months. Drank for my first time =) LOL, very interesting. But, before the 6 month lease even ended I had to move back home. I was having panic attacks literally non-stop and breaking down everyday. I missed a lot of school because of it too. Pretty disheartening to know that I stuck my head out yet I had to go back in my shell. Kinda like I'm destined to just stay in here. And to top everything off my doctor moved offices and I can't find the new one. Ugh. How have you guys been? =)

Also what current succesful meds you all are taking, I was on 50mg Zoloft, but I got really sick after taking it once and v* three times, so I'm never taking that again.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

You're not a failure for having to move back home. I had to do the same thing b/c of panic after my first semester of college. Give yourself some time, get some therapy, and try again. I've been living 5 hours away from my parents for 5 years now -it can be done.....when you're ready.
    Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

Dude,
    I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you, but instead of looking at it as failing just understand that it wasn't your time. I am sure that it was a learning experience and you must have taken something from it. One thing to remember is that being on your own offers many stressors that living at home does not. When you have all of this other stress going on it is really hard to handle anxiety. I think you should find a new doctor (i realize you are trying to) and work really hard at some behavioral therapy and possibly incorporate meds with the therapy if you feel it is necessary. Being in a "safe place" (home) will probably help you to be able to take care of your anxiety issues more quickly than if you tried under all of that other stress. Just don't give up. Find someone who will help you out. And don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone experiences set backs in life. Don't even look at this as a set back. Consider it time to get yourself together and taken care of.
    Take care.

\"This too shall pass\"

awwww no, you didn't fail at all...can't say I've ever even tried to move out cos I've got a while to go yet but the thought would terrify me. I need my mum there to protect me and make me feel safe. Don't think its easy even for non emets. You definitely didnt fail though!

Hope you're ok.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

I've moved back home too. At the same time, however, my emet has improved a little.

I've talked to some older friends of mine and almost all who lived
    close enough to their schools to move back home during the first
    semester did. I think the consensus is that living in dorms just
    royally sucks, emet or non-emet.

It'll be fine. You'll wait a few more years, and you'll move back out again and be o.k. with it. I was scared when I was 18, so I stayed with my parents (which given the way my parents were was probably crazy). I wouldn't go away to collge. By 21, I liked living with roommates but not alone. By 29, I lived alone. I tell this story, so you'll see that it can be an evolution toward living away from your parents.