Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ickle triumph

It was half term not last week the week before...
    and I went to a gig on the Tuesday night...which in itself was great. Even though I decided I'd stay on the steps where I could see the door, about half way through I told my friend we should go to the front...in the crowds of people. And although I dont remember many of the songs that were played when I was there cos I was so busy planning an emergency escape route *just incase* I managed to stay there right til the end.

Annnnd then. I went back to my friends and stayed the night. I was so pleased with myself.

Until the next night I got home (from another gig!) and my mum had a sv and I freaked. Completely. Didn't leave the house for a week.

Buuut the Saturday just gone...I went to a sleepover. With lots of people. And stayed up a long time....without worrying at all. Usually I'd insist on sleeping nearest to the door, but I didn't. OK so I asked the kitchen light to be on just incase...but I slept the night. And had fun.

I don't wanna jinx myself by being so positive, cos I know theres a chance that I'll have a bad day and I wont be able to do the same things. But I do believe it is possible for everyone. And just cos theres one bad day, that shouldn't hishearten people to give up.

I've been reading people say they've suffered for far too many years. I'm only 15 and the thought I could be stuck with this foever petrifies me. I want rid. So each time I read it half of me is crying and wanting to give up and hide cos I can't do it. But then theres a part of me using that as an ecouragement to say I don't to be here when I'm an adult...worrying about sv's going round. I want to be here helping people.

Sorry long post, jsut need to get it off my mind, and typing positive things kinda drills it into my mind...[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

I think youve done fantastic, altho Im now 37 (aaaarrrggghhhh how old, Im a very young 37) Ive gone thru many differnet scenarios over the years.

Ive been to big gigs whgere Ive been right at the front and yes, Im been scared but ive just done it anyway, dont laugh....... but im talking the late 80's and 90's (god Ireally am getting old!!)

Sometimes I think its mind over matter, and whilst you can continue doing these sorta things thats great, its when it takes over more of yourlife it becomes a bigger problem.

Imnot doing toooobad at the mo, have been to a few shows recently, Grease with my 10 yr old niece, and River dance with my mum, Ive panicked but its been ok becos ive just told myself I have to go, and when I do, its been good (altho not my taste!!, Id rather go clubbing (love retro r'n'b and green day, yes I am a freak!)

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]