Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I went for my pre op assessment today (before my dental implants op which is scheduled for Mondy 6th March). I had a really good chat with the Sister in charge of the Pre Op clinic and explained in detail all about my absolute terror regarding V (both me feeling it or doing it, and anyone else doing it where I can see/hear).

She's going to pass all my concerns to the aneasthetist, who in turn will give me extra anti emetic drugs etc, so hopefully, that will sort me personally out.

But, and its a very big but - they can't get me a side room. There are just not enough of them and it means that I'm going to have to go on a ward [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] I also have to stay overnight (which I knew about, but it wasn't toooo bad when I thought I'd be able to get a side room).

This now seems like a really really really massive challenge for me. The last time I was a patient on a ward was when I was 7 years old (I'm going to be 38 in two weeks time). I am the worlds worst hospital visitor (in case anyone there is doing the deed) so I'm just terrified about the whole thing [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Edited by: bevduk

When I was in the hospital having my 1st baby, my roommate came back from giving birth to her baby v*ing, right there in the room! The curtain was across the room so I didn't see it, but I heard it so I covered my ears and hummed, it was so scary though. Wow, I just realized that will not make you feel any better, but how about this, when I was in the hospital having my second one, everything was fine, nothing gross happened and I went through 2 different roommates while being there! The only thing that was annoying was the sharing of the bathroom, I just cleaned it with the wipes they have in the hospital each time before I used it and didn't touch anything in it with my bare hands.

One thing is when I had to get my wisdom teeth removed I had to be knocked out because they were impacted, I was freaking out because of the chance that I might v*, but they didn't even give me any anti-emetics or anything and I was perfectly fine, very tired but otherwise fine. I also bet that you will be so tired that you might just sleep the whole time and not even realize anything going on around you. Just try to sleep and maybe bring something to play your music on with some headphones, that way you can sit in your own little world.