Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT: Vacations

My parents and my two best friends' parents promised us that they'd send us on a vacation of our choice for our 18th birthdays, so we figured we'd wait until this summer so we wouldn't be stressing about leaving for college or anything. Does anyone have any ideas? Any interesting places you've been to? One friend wants to go to the Caribbean, but we went to Bermuda for our senior trip last April and I've been to Aruba so many times. I really want to do something exotic! Let me know!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

You could always go to someplace in Europe! You could do Paris, or south of France for beaches. If you don't want europe, you could go to Mexico. Ooh, or Australia!

This is for a variant on the Carribbean, of course. My friend just went to St. Johns in the carribbean, and loved it!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

greece

oooo south of france is a really good idea!! i never thought of that...so is greece, i went there on a cruise two years ago but we were only there for two days so i'd like to go back! thanks, both very good ideas, my decision is going to get harder!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Awesome! Sounds like you guys will have a great time where ever you go...How about Maui or Oahu? Are you limited to the U.S. and territories?

My only suggestion (being an emet and everything) would be to avoid places where the water is known to be contaminated. I know, people say, "just don't drink the water then." Easier said than done...seems like every time I go to Mexico I'm very vigilant but then accidentally drink the water through ice cubes, etc and BAM, montezuma's revenge! LOL. If you're feeling brave, ignore my advice and don't let this stupid phobia hold you back from seeing remote places of the world.

Ok, I'll stop rambling now [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Nikki

ah, Hawaii! We didn't think of that either! We aren't really limited to where we go because it's sort of a 18th birthday/high school graduation present. I definitely DON'T want to go to Mexico because I don't want to have to worry about being sick. My parents went to Cabo last year and said that they couldn't even brush their teeth with that water! I wish I was brave because I hear Cabo is beautiful, but I don't think I can handle that just yet! Thank you for your input!!!!!

Kristina

Wowyour lucky!

I'd choose France or England or Ireland or Scotland probably.

Oh man GO TO HAWAII! Maui or Kawaii OMG it's like the most beautiful place IN THE WORLD! I'd give anything to go back! It's absolute paradise! That's EXACTLY where I'd go if someone was paying for my trip!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I am thinking Hawaii! It sounds beautiful I've never spoken to anyone who didn't love it there. I live in New York, I wonder how long the flight is? From where I live to Las Vegas it's about five hours so I'm assuming it's a bit longer than that. I'll suggest that to my friends, I don't see why they'd object!