Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I wanted to mention when I come in here and read the posts made by some concerning svs*, I can feel myself start to go into panic mode. Just reading about it scares me. Does anyone else have this problem? My husband wants me out of the group because he said it will only make me worse. Reading about the college and everyone having it I guess sent me into panic mode to the point where I felt I had to have a bm* and I did and it was normal had to strain like hell but when I get nervous, for some reason it effects my going #2. The question I wanted to ask was how many on this board actually suffered with an sv this winter season? I'm wondering if the precautions we all take help us to stay healthy. Kim

NO SV this season, lucky me! I am very careful about hand washing and being exposed. Yes, reading the SV stories also freaks me out, and sometimes sends me into panic mode. Yes, when I panic, or get nervous, I have to head to the bathroom for a BM. Something that has helped is fiber therapy tablets, which make me more regular, and then when I am nervous it isn't as bad. It's interesting to hear there are others going through this!

BandNerd[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

hi nope, no SV's for me this winter *knock on wood* but i know exactly what you mean about getting panicky when reading posts. i get the exact same thing, but unfortunatly, im completly addicted to this site and probably couldnt stop visiting everyday, even if i wanted to ! but good luck!

-hayley XOX

I'm not going anywhere. :-) I'll just read the posts when he leaves for work. I have my own laptop and he never goes on it or watches what I do, I like this group too much. I dont know many of you but you're all so nice. Kim

No SV here *Knock on wood* Although I've had some pretty bad D* for the past few days but no fever and no V*. Sometimes I get nervous when I hear about svs but no one in my family has got one this year and I visit them every weekend. They aren't Emets like me so if one of them DID get sick they probably wouldn't worry about it like I do.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

So far I havent heard of anyone around me with an *sv. Seems everyone I know family and friends all are dealing with head colds and coughs that linger for weeks. My friend had influenza and thats been about it so far. I hope I dont hear of anyone with an *sv. Kim

No sv* for me so far! My dad has had two and my mom had one but I think I've managed to keep my hands clean enough! I do get freaked out reading some posts about sv*'s, the college campus ones in particular, but i also know that getting it out there in the open makes things easy for other people so if I can offer any comforting words then I will
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

My son and I have both had one, but two weeks apart. I don't think I caught it from him, probably someone at work, or perhaps riding on the ambulance.
    CJ
    \"Live Life, Don\'t Analyze It\"
    (Wish I Could Follow That)

Forgive my unpopular response.

I think that regular handwashing (after the restroom, before eating, before touching eyes, nose, face) is the only precaution that can help to prevent catching something.

I don't see preventative value to the majority of the other things that people do in the name of prevention.

Forgive me - I understand what we are talking about, but what does "SV" actually stand for?

Anyway - touch wood - nothing here so far this winter. But I'm over in Europe so not much chance of catching the same thing as you guys in the US! Everyone talks about the epidemic proportions of gastric flus here this winter. I wish they would stop!!! My days are filled with dread that my little daughter will catch something from the other children at school. Hand-washing is all very well (yes I do wash my hands, all the time) but she's not even three yet and can't be expected to wash her hands by herself - and I also don't want to communicate my stress to her either.

SV stands for stomach virus. And I agree that reading about all the people who have had or know of someone with them gets me panicking, as well. I am trying not to read any posts that might scare me!