Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Carriers

This may sound silly, but I just overheard the person who sits on the other side of my cubicle wall talking on the phone about how both of her childred have the SV and I was wondering - can a parent who has been in contact with the SV carry the virus around with them? or do they actually have to be sick to spread it? should I be worried??

rasogommato - That's a great question, I've always wondered that myself as there is this lady at work whose kids always (about twice a month) have the sv even though, yes, that does seem abnormal. From what I've been reading on this site, you cannot catch it until the person has symptoms. Any other opinions?

Its hard to tell. If they have the virus on their hands and touch things that other will touch, I suspect the virus could be spread. The director of my childrens' preschool (when they were in preschool) always recommended having your children change clothes when they got home from school, because they could transmit germs from clothes to home. I think that is more from the snotty nose to the sleeve consciousness than from what you are asking. Still, we don't know. My guess it would be far-fetched.

Stella

If she feel well, probably not. But dont tuch her personal things, just in case!!!

thats a great question...

i hope it cant be spread that way..
    how horrid.

Hopefully she washes her hands well. I agree with Stella...

luckily her daughter apparently became ill while she was at work I found out later..but if she is there on Monday I am not going near her! I will probably be a little nervous just knowing that she is right on the other side of the wall! I really cant wait for summer when all these bugs are gone..for real.