Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I felt sick before I went to bed, and I just woke up (almost 3am) with the worst d* I have ever had, feeling sick to my stomach. My stomach keeps clenching and I keep burping, and my abdomen is cramping. Boyfriend wants me to take anti-emetics, but I'm stupid and I'm scared to take anything. It's hard for me to even take Tylenol. Even though I know it would make me feel better. I'm so scared I'm shaking and there's no chance of me going back to bed and sleeping it off. I'm shaking so badly it's hard to type, and my stomach is still clenching. I'm like a lot of emets in that I can't distinguish random stomach doings from nausea, so I trick myself by thinking "could I eat right now". In this case that was a very bad idea because now I keep thinking about food, and it's making me feel even sicker. Boyfriend told me that I've been fine every other time this has happened, but I told him that one day I'm not going to be fine and it's going to be the real thing. I'm scared that tonight is that real thing. I wish I could just take the meds and be done with it, but I'm scared. I'm scared that I'll pass out, v*, and suffocate. I'm scared that it will have side effects like nausea (even though it's to treat nausea and v*). I'm just scared and I want it to go away. I want to have an empty stomach and not have to worry about v*ing (though I don't want that empty stomach to come from the v* itself; I'd rather just let nature run its course). I'm so tired, my eyes hurt, my mouth is dry but I can't drink anything because I'm scared it will make it worse. I don't know what to do. I'm shaking and I'm scared and I feel so sick. I don't have a fever so I don't think I have the stomach flu, but it could be food poisoning. It probably -is- food poisoning since I have d*, but I hope it works itself out of that end. God, I can't do this. I'm terrified. I wish I could relax. I wish my stomach would stop clenching. I wish I didn't feel nauseated. It's the middle of the night and I'm awake and scared.This makes me want to never eat again.

Sorry to hear you're feeling rough! I would be scared too, I suppose most of us here would be, but you're doing well =] Just relax, try to calm donw a bit if you can. If you canslow down your thoughts, you'll be able to think about all this more logically - at the moment you're thinking of all the "what ifs", and that's a definite sign of a panic attack!If you can take a few deep breaths and slow your mind down, you can stop thinking about all the bad thoughts, and can get yourself to concentrate on something good instead.

D* is not the end of the world ^_^ see it as a good thing, if you possibly can! Sometimesit can pass in just a few hours. It certainly won't be this bad and this intense for too long. So just keep telling yourself that it will pass - its so common to have D* without v*, so don't worry about it...it won't happen.

We don't have Tylenol in Australia,is it in liquid or pill form? Either way,maybe wait a little while, then take some when you are feeling a little better and less anxious, and when the d* andpains are not sobad. If you're worried, that is.

I'm sure you'll feel better soon ^_^ just don't get yourself overwrought...just relax a little, and it won't seem so bad.
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I am so sorry you are feeling that way!!! But, don't be afraid to eat--that's unhealthy!! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Sounds like you had a bad bad bad bad bad night. How are you doing now?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hope you are feeling better now.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I know its late in the day that Im reading this but I hope you are better. Your boyfriend said this has happened before? Do you have IBS? Do certain foods bother you? What did you eat yesterday? Kim

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you're feeling better now. But make sure you eat! Having a little bit of food in your stomach will make you feel better.
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

wow, I hope your okay! get back to us when you can!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Thank you, everyone, for all the comfort and support.

Turns out I had the dreaded stomach bug I've spent the last day in a state of delerious misery, lying on the bathroom floor crying. However, I did survive the whole ordeal without v* (and let me tell you, that was not easy). I know it's probably not a really good thing that I kept myself from v*, but I'm pretty glad.

I'm feeling better today. I still can't eat, but my fever has come down and I'm drinking a lot of ginger ale and Pedialyte (which is actually pretty gross when you don't feel good).

The problem is that I know my boyfriend is going to get sick, and I don't know how well I'm going to handle that [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] I know he'll understand me not being able to sit in the bathroom with him, but I still hate that I can't be there for him the way he was there for me.

I'm sorry you had such a rough night, but it's over now, and I'm glad you are feeling better. Hopefully, your boyfriend won't get it from you. You never know. Feel better
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

so sorry to hear
    but at least you didnt v*!

i must ask..
    do you know if you were around anyone sick?
    do you know how you caught it?

Apparently my boss went to his sister's house before coming to work on Tuesday afternoon, and she'd had it. He didn't alert me to that fact until today, and he'd been sick all through Wednesday as well. I wish he'd told me earlier so I could have avoided it

Glad to hear you are feeling better! And so sorry you had to go through that.

Just curious - were you around your boss when he actually had the symptoms???? Everyone says you are only contagious when showing symptoms so I just wondered.

No, he wasn't showing any symptoms

Oh wow, now that scares me because 2 days ago - over 48 hours ago now - my boss left work suddenly because she was having bad stomach cramps. I found out the next day that she ended up v*ing in her car on the way home and several times after that and then had d* all night long. Now I'm scared even though I wasn't really near her much but I could still catch it because you did and your boss wasn't showing the signs. UGH

I think if you were going to get it, it probably would have shown itself by now. It was less than 12 hours after my contact with him that I got sick, so it does show up pretty quickly.

well that makes me feel a little better. thanks. i hope you are feeling much better now!

I am, and I have been able to eat 1/4 of a sandwich and I'm about to take some chicken broth, so I think I'll be alright. And please don't worry about getting sick; I really think it would have shown up by now.