Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have always been a bit anxious with the whole idea of v*...
    however this past october it flared up just awfully...therefore this summer will
    really be my FIRST in dealing with this.

do most of you find yourself far less consumed by it once summer hits?
    more apt do go out and do things you wouldnt do in wintertime?
    is this mostly aseasonal thing?
    meaning you feel great during parts of spring/summer/and parts of fall.. but once school is back in session you start feeling the panic gnaw at you?

just wondering if any of your attitudes and actions change once school is out.

yeah, summer's better, even though people still get sick in the summer. i think it's the amount of sunlight and the ability to be outside that makes us all feel better.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

i have always considered summer a safety zone. the deep summer like july and august still tend to make me a bit less anxious i think emet and seasonal affective disorder go hand in hand

I know that sv goes around all the time. However, the incidences do increase during the winter months. That is attributed to many people confined in close quarters.

Stella

The stupid thing is during the summer Im quite happy going to the pub for a few beers and some food,and we'll do this maybe a couple of times a week. Yet in the winter I rarely go out other than to work etc.

I dont know whether it because the sun is shining (I love the sun)and because everyone seems more chilled.

Its completely irrational because we'll go out in the summer (when its hot and food has maybe been laying around) and I will eat and think is this food ok?Yet in the winter I avoid eating out at all costs.......

Laney[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I agree...i love summer so much...and just being out in the sun and warmth makes me think less of sv's and sickness. I just feel better in the summer...and like others said...being cooped all winter long...yuck...i hardly ever go out....i hate the darkness and the coldness of it all. I ADORE the summer...it stays lighter longer and i just over all feel tons better and am way less stressed about being sick or feeling sick.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I still worry in the summer, but not nearly as much as in the winter. I love spring and summer and when they are here, I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love summer! I don't like the winter AT ALL...when I can afford it I'm going to move to a place where it doesn't really snow. I wanna go to like New Mexico or Florida or something. I used to really worry about stuff in the winter, like people getting sick, but I live by myself now and I have less of a chance of catching something from someone. The only people I really interact with are people at the mall and at bars, also my family when I see them once a week. They'll always give me the heads up if someone is sick! So I don't worry very much any more.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

summer is always better for me because it's warm and i don't feel confined in my house. i feel like if someone in my house did come down with a sv*, i could just leave. i'd still worry, but something about summer is really calming to me
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Spring and summer just always seem to make me feel better in general...I think that a lot has to do with the fact that the day is much longer and you can go out and do a lot of other things. Less sv* it seems anyways...but they do flare up here in May for some reason. It is really hot here, but laying by the pool and going out with friends more just seems to maybe take my mind off of it more.

Yes, as an emet. I too love spring and summer. These have always been my safety zones. I dread winter the most. It's like a big flag is raised when winter is officially here. I take extra, extra precautions in preventing sickness. I use tons of Lysol in the house, open the windows on weekends to air out the house in case of some viruses floating around. I mop often, clean the furniture etc. Winter is so gloomy that it has always affected my way of feeling. I usually get depressed easily during this time. If the day is gloomy, so am I. This is terrible.

\"Cast all your anxiety on Him for He cares for you.\"
    1 Peter 5:7
    Pumpkin

i have the same amount of fear all year round. i never really thought about it more in the winter because of an SV going around. i'm pretty sure i'm paranoid about V* all the same no matter what season it is.

I am fine from the end of May until October, I know you can still get the flu in the summer, Tyler had it last Aug.
    Summer months are less intense.

I'm from Hawaii, so up until this year, I didn't have to worry about the "winter" weather months. But then, my boyfirend and I got married, and he got posted at Andrews AFB, and so now we're in Maryland and I'm experiencing my first "winter". AWFUL.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Luckily, we're moving to Florida next September, which will be more of the climate we're both used to.