Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so....this weekend, my band and i record our first cd...i am so nervous about it..anyway. my band consists of my best friends(how lucky am i?) one member, her name is jenn, has been going thru a rough divorce so she moved back home. her moms boyfriend, who lives with them, appartently got an sv yesterday, but as it turns out its a kidney stone or intestinal blockage..then i find out her boss has a sv..shes is taking mad precautions, like incessantly washing her hands and using a different bathroom in the office. she is a church secretary and he is the pastor so it is only them in the office..to further complicate the issue her boss(the pastor) shares a house with her brother..(my guitarist)..as far as i know he is fine thus far..he has his own bathroom, and spends most of his time working, with his fiance(also in the band) or in his bedroom.he does not eat with the guy, hang out or share facilities., he really does not keep food there either because he is very felix unger if you know what i mean..the pastor is like oscar madison..they truly are an odd couple..anyway..the band is gonna be at my house and i am gonna be around them all weekend recording...is it too risky?

i would only be worried about the secretary and the boy living with the pastor. who are both in your band i think?
    however...
    neither of them are currently sick...
    but like we all know..you dont need to FEEL sick in order to pass along the virus...
    i think you should be fine.. as long as you express the urgency and necessarity of hand washing for these people who have been AROUND the sick ones.

if the people in your band were the ones that have been sick..
    it'd be a diffrent story.

they are gonna be at my house tonite and as far as i know they are not sick as of yet

Quote Originally Posted by liz28

but like we all know..you dont need to FEEL sick in order to pass along the virus...

From what I have heard, sv are only contagious after the symptoms appear. So, if they are feeling fine, I would assume they are fine. There is always the risk that they could come down with it in a day or two, but if I were you I would not change plans. I'm sure it is difficult to get a time when all of you can get together to record your cd. I would make the condition, however, that if anyone begins to feel ill, you break it up immediately until everyone is better to eliminate it spreading through the whole group. I would imagine that if anyone was going to come down with it, you would know before the weekend being that it is only Wednesday.

Anyway, this is how I am trying to start thinking about these typs of situations. I am tired of emet determining what I can and can't do. I have missed out on a lot of things because there wasa chance someone could get sick, just to find out later that it all would have been fine. Just keep up your normal precaustions and have fun this weekend!

silly girl thats an awesome outlook and one i am trying to apply to the situation as well...i would thnk also that if they are not sick by sat all will be well

thing is i dont want people over my house who are sick..we are not recording at my house..we have rehearsal at my house tonite..i told jenn that if there is any sickness w her she aint going to practice

the whole situation is making me nauseous..but i have to believe its only nerves

What I would do is go ahead and have your practice, but like told told your friend, if anyone doesn't feel well, cancel it and send them home. No matter what, I would probably disinfect the bathroom (if anyone uses it), dorr handles, etc. just to ease my own mind, but try not to worry until there is something to worry about. I'm sure your n* is all just nerves.

we are so on the same page....truth is i disinfect my bathroom, door knobs and lite switches whenever anyone besides me and my gf use it,even if no one is sick...freaky i know but i guess it comes with the territory for me

I feel it would be really rude to send them home after they have arrived and gotten sick. I mean even I wouldn't want someone sick spending the night around me, but it would be really mean to send them back home when they are sick: they'll suffer (being sick at someone else's and not your own house is not very easy).

According to me, it's better if you just go ahead and put it off for the moment and wait till they're all fine. That way even they can get some rest if they're sick and you wouldn't have to worry too much.

Anyway, whatever you may decide, I hope you'll be fine. Take care.

well its not like they are coming from far away and they are not spending the nite besides if they think they may be sick before they get to my house they know me and my phobia way too much to not think twice about it

Well then in that case, you shouldn't worry. Solved.

yeah im just concerned mostly about this weekend and if they get sick tonite after they leave my place..will i and my gf have been exposed

thats my main concern

I forget the handle, and he may stop by the forums later, but he is a Dr. from Ireland and he basically told me that the virus is not contagious till you have v*d or d*.

Basically, the germ sits inside your intestines cooking up bad things, as far as your mouth is concerend, it has not been exposed to the germ.

I take his word over anything I ever thought so far....plus, that one makes me feel a lot better!

CJ
    \"Live Life, Don\'t Analyze It\"
    (Wish I Could Follow That)

everybody was over my house last nite and as far as i knowverybody is fine today..except i feel like crap for some reason argh i cant win still anxious about this weekend though