Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello Everyone,

I posted about this a couple weeks back I think...I am getting really anxious because I am going to be flying to Colorado to visit my best friend. I am plagued by worry about getting a sv* and having to travel...I know that this is irrational to say the least, but I am worrying about having bad anxiety as it kicks off stomach problems and d* for me. Does anyone else stress about going on trips?? Do these thoughts cross your minds too??

I also was curious who here would consider themselves to have anxiety problems besides the emet?? For example, I have been struggling with my self-esteem lately and have felt very self-consious, have been worrying a lot lately about other things too....Other people consider themselves obsessive worriers??

Sorry to ask so many questions, I am having a rough time right now and I know that my thinking is negative...

Hi Silver,

Yes, I too worry when I am traveling. I think it's an extra-worry about getting sick being away from home and then if I'm at someone's house, I worry about all of them getting sick too. It's like a nightmare for me to think of everyone I'm around catching some bad sv. I keep perspective that I've worried this way my entire life and nothing has ever happened. Not to say that it won't but even if it does I'll survive it. That doesn't mean that I don't worry because I do. It's easy to tell myself that it's not a catastrophy if "it" did happen, I'll live to see another day but inside I'm still thinking and worrying about it. You aren't alone!

Edited by: pidgit