Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello Everyone, I'm Jenna. I just found this web site a few minutes ago and I am completely shocked that I am not alone in this phobia. I didin't even know there was a name for it.

I'd love to hear more about how other people deal with it. Especially any women who have dealt with having children as this phobia causes me to not have children (as of yet.)

I live in Northern Illinois and would love to find someone in my area to talk with and get to know too if theres anyone out here with the same problems as I have.

I am just amazed I'm not the only person with this fear and there's actually a web site for it!

Jenna

Hi and welcome! I am in the Chicago suburbs. I love meeting fellow emets! Where in northern IL do you live? Feel free to PM me, if you don't want it public!

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I'm up in Gurnee by Great America. Where abouts are you?

Cool! I live in Park Ridge. My boyfriend works in Waukegan and had lunch in Gurnee just today! I was also up in that area last weekend. We have friends in Lake Villa. I also have friends in Grayslake. How very cool is this?!

Oh wow they are right around the corner. My profile shows me AIM name if you're interested in chatting sometime. Im 35, I'm not sure how old you or the average person on this site is.

Hope to talk with you soon.

Hey! I am 33, and my AIM name is harmonygirl1972. Let's chat soon!!

Mary

Hi Im Michelle, Im 26 and live in Park Ridge, IL.

Im pretty new to the site as well!

Hope to chat soon![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Welcome to the family both of you!!!!!!

You'll find a lot of great people here, as you already have found Mary. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Michelle,

NO WAY! You live in Park Ridge?? Me too! I have lived here most of my life! Let's hang out!!!!

Mary

Hello all; I'm new too, and also from N Illinois. Found a reference to this site in a book about panic disorders. I was amazed to find it! Wish I'd known about it years ago. My e-phobia has been pretty dormant for the past few years, since I've been on Zoloft for panic disorder, but I sure have been there.

Wow, I cant believe all of us are from Illinois! And Mary, we are both in Park Ridge! I just moved to Park Ridge from Chicago last May. I'll have to download AIM, (I only have yahoo messenger) so we can chat!

So I've been an emet since I was about 10 years old and havn't v* since then. Suprisingly, I work as a radiological technologist in a hospital and deal with sick people all day long! Sometimes, when my emet is really bad, I do not know how I make it through the day! But it has definately made me much stronger in fighting this phobia!!

Talk soon,

Michelle~

That's amazing. How do you deal with the sick people all day. What happenes?

Wow, we are up to4 people in Northern IL! Do you want to get together? I have met lots of emets and it's always a good time! I'd be glad to organize something if you guys are upfor it!

Michelle, I wonder how close we live! I am in an apt on Busse Hwy. Do you work at Lutheran General? That's where I was born!! I have Yahoo Messenger, too. I am harmonygirl72 on there.

This is all too cool! I really hopeto meet all of you!

Mary

I am in Gurnee and I'd be interested in meeting up.

Okay, cool! Well, even if it's just the two of us, I say let's do it! I would be happy to drive up by you as I know the area pretty well. When are good times for you? Evenings? Weekends? Would you be up for meeting at a restaurant/coffee house type thing? Let me know, and I will plan something!

Mary

Hey ladies: I must be the old lady of the N Illinois emet group -- near 60. I live in St. Charles, and would be happy to meet the Park Ridge contingent sometime. Have not been so phobic in recent years due to wonderful anti-depressants, but have plenty of coping stories to tell.[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]Hang in there, this is a treatable phobia. -- janice

Hi, Janice!

I'd love to meet up with you, too! Gurnee and St. Charles are fairly far from one another. Actually, Park Ridge is kind of in the middle if you'd want to come by me! Let me know if that's okay with you guys and I'll set something up!

Mary

Hi Mary:

I'd be happy to meet up anytime in Park Ridge. Just let me know!

Janice

Cool! I'll just wait to hear from Jenna and we'll make a plan!

Mary

Hi Jenna! I'm a newbie as well, but unfortunately I'm not in northern IL! I live in Kansas City and I'm 37 in a couple of weeks. The child thing is huge with me; that's the biggest reason I'd say I'm here! I belonged to an emet discussion board a few years ago, and it was so wonderful to know there were actually others out there like me! Ijust joined this site today, but I can already tell it is better than the site I used to belong to and that this is afantastic, supportivegroup of people!

Stacy
    \"Horticulture: You can lead a whore to culture, but you cannot make her think.\" -- Dorothy Parker

I'm rosie i'm 14 and just found this site. I live in chicago as well. It's so nice to know other people like me are right here. Until I found this site I thouht it was really rare and that I was the only one.

Hey, Rosie,

If you want to meet up with us, maybe ask your parents, and we'd love to include you!

Mary

I'd love to meet up. Email me anytime!

Just in case any of you are not busy or are interested. I own a dance studio in Wauconda where we specialize in belly-dance lessons. I teach plus-size belly dance.

We are having a Belly-dance celebration where several woman perform and everyone just gathers for Mexican food, watche the show and dance between sets themselves.

It's March 11th, next Saturday evening at 7pm, all ages welcome. It is at a restaurant. I've eaten there before a few times and had not gotten sick or anything.

If any of you in Illinois are interested please email me and I'll give you the link to the studio web site for offical info.

Hi all!

Mary, I do not work at Lutheran General, but I live right behind the hospital actually! I work at St. Francis in Evanston.

Jenna, to answer your questions, I just try my best to not be so paranoid while working with sick patients all day. Most of the V* that I see is when Im working in the ER or if I am doing a contrast study on a patient. Luckilly, I've always had another tech close by when it happens! I just try to think that most of these people are v* because of an illness that is not contagious. I am always washing my hands...they are so raw right now because of the winter! I've gotten a lot better with other people V*. My biggest fear is catching something contagious that will make me v*.

Tonight when I got home just around 9:00pm, my mom was sick on the couch and said she had been v* all day. Now I am in more of a panic because she tasted my soup earlier today that I was putting in a container to take to work and I dont remember if she put the spoon back in it after tasting it! Plus, I get really anxious knowing someone is sick in my house.

I would definately like to meet up with all of you guys... my yahoo messenger is scarletm79.

Take Care all! And wish me luck that I dont contract my mom's tummy bug!!

Michelle~

Welcome to the site. It indeed is very comforting to not be "alone". Hope you can find some comfort and support here.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

Hi, again!

Okay, let's meet!*It sounds like Jenna, Janice, Michelle and*I*are interested. I think what you do, Jenna, with the belly dancing sounds awesome and I'd love to see it sometime. I actually don't really eat Mexican food, though.*I say it's more because of my IBS than emet, but maybe I'm kidding myself. Would you be interested in meeting up somewhere in Park Ridge sometime? Maybe like a Sunday afternoon? I think that's a pretty central location for all of us. Maybe even next Sunday, the 12th? Edited by: harmonygirl72

Hi everyone: I'd love to meet up and normally a Sunday would be fine, but that weekend I will be in New York City, visiting my daughter who is in college there. But you all should meet anyway if that's a good date, and I'll catch up with you some other time. Janice

I'm glad you said it. It might be too soon for the rest of us anyway. Any problems with the following Sunday....March 19?

Mary

Sundays are good, just depends on the time. I teach classes from about 4:30-8:00pm. So antime relatively early would be good for me. I can meet just about anywhere.