Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Camp experience

Hi everyone!

I just got back from camp with my school yesterday, and got a whole story to tell... I had a great time and the best thing is that I didn't have any bad emet moments! There was one night when someone who slept in our teepee felt sick to her stomach, and I was a little worried that she'd v**** while we were sleeping, but fortunately I was able to avoid her most of the day, and by the time we went to bed she was feeling better. The only other negative part was the food, I'm very picky about my eating habits, how much I eat, when I eat, what kinds of foods I eat, etc etc. I went kind of hungry most of the week because I didn't eat much, but otherwise I had fun and didn't really think about food.

The rest of the trip was amazing. I can't even explain the kinds of things we did. We climbed a mountain, (right to the very top!), went on a giant (and I mean GIANT) swing, went rock climbing, did a bunch of high-ropes activites (where you have to climb up poles and walk around on balance beams high in the air, scary!), played lots of games, met a couple new people... I was really worried about going, but I'm really glad I did. It was such a positive experience, I'm not sure if anyone here has been camping before? I was sure there'd be someone who'd v****, but instead I just had tons of fun, and didn't have to worry about my phobia too much. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I am loving the positive experiences I am hearing lately. I am so glad that you went and had a great time. It is too bad that you didn't get a lot to eat because of the EMET but hey you didn't let it ruin your trip more than that. YAY!!!

I hope that your story is a positive on for others to read so they are more confident about how the whole thing goes. I think that just keeping busy like you did helps tremendously. [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

that is so good to hear !!!

u didnt let the phobia take over ur trip!! WELLDONE!!

and the things u said u did, sound absolutely amazing... an experience that u wil always remember... so glad u had fun.

Jen xxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm glad you had such a great time that you forgot about your phobia! Its really great when that hapens I'm also a picky eater, well I ahve to eat when I feel like it, and i'm glad you survived as I would be quite scared about eating before an activity. I'm glad you had a great experiacne and maybe you could do it again, this time with no worries at all!

That all sounds so wonderful! I love the ropes courses they have at some camps. It sounds like you handled that situation with the sick girl really well. I can't wait until I get to go to camp!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

i hope i have that much fun at camp next month!!! That was AWSOME of u congrats big time! u did a great job. hopefully this is a step forword. i mean if u can go to camp by urself than u can basically do anything, except maybe rolloercoasters, but that might be next!

Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"

U are an inspiration to me. I am going away to the mountains with 50 people from my school in a month and i am quite worried. After reading your story, I am a lot more calmer about going. Thanks for such a great insite!!!
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well doen again! I think thas has also made me and others alot calmer about going away!! I'm actually thinking aout travelling now which is a great step for me!

good job lizzy i think u should travel that would b great! especially if u could come to the states! i wanna go to england or basically anywhere in europe i just gotta convince my parents ! that would awsome if u could come!!! srry for all the exclamations.
    Omnia vincit amor. -- \"Love conquers all.\"