Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Will I be okay?

I was just eating pieces of that kraft processed packaged cheese
    (slices) and I got a realy bad tasting bite and spit it
    out. I ate about a whole slice before that happened. I
    looked at the expiration date and IT EXPIRED IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!
    Will l get sick??????? What do you guys think?

you only ate a slice so I'm guessing you wont.

and try not to think about it. my mum ate some bread...and realised the rest had mould on it and was fine. but then she did it one other time (fool) and thought about it so much she made herself ill.

I'm sure you'll be fine...I've done that too.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

dang girl, did the entire first slice not taste funky to you?
    you need to check the dates on EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGg.
    but heres the deal.. if it didnt taste crazy funky to you..the first slice anyways..
    and you spit out the bad tasting slice.. then hopefully you'll be just fine.
    people eat out of date stuff all the time and dont get sick.
    keep us posted.

nah. that stuff could probably last forever. You'll be fine.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I put the slices in tomoto soup. I ate a chewy piece and
    swallowed it withouth thinking. It didnt taste bad, just
    chewy. Then I ate the next spoon full of soup with chesse and
    thats when I tasted a bad piece. It was like waxy plastic
    tasting. I spit that out and threw the soup out. I probably
    ate about one slice technicaly. I am so panicked

I hope your right shiva![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

There is so many preservatives in that stuff, that it would probably outlast a nuclear holocaust and still be edible. I think I still have some of that stuff in my fridge from 2002. I'm holding onto it for its sentimental value.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Those dates are pretty much to say when it will taste the best or be at it's freshest. Don't worry too much!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Mak,

I am with you on the dates. I figure if they were not important, they would not bother putting them on their! Then again, I think it is a FDA regulation.

Anywho, with that being said, I think you will be fine. Even if it was bad, I think your body can tolerate a little stale cheese. Now, had you eatten the whole pack and it was bad, that might be a different story.

I have faith that you will be OK.

I have a wife that does not believe in dates! I love when she goes out of town for a day or so....she comes home and wonders why the cubbards are empty! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Edited by: slingshot
    CJ
    \"Live Life, Don\'t Analyze It\"
    (Wish I Could Follow That)

I dont think cheese can ever go bad. unless you start seeing mold, its fine.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I know some people who will have blocks of cheese in their fridge and when it gets moldy, they will just cut the moldy part off and eat the rest of the cheese. As long as it was refrigerated, I think you will be fine. I think that the date is just on there so you won't end up eating chewy cheese!

You will be fine, I am sure. Those dates usually say "best if used by..."

Dont worry. There are preservatives in it and unless there is mold its fine!

Yeah I agree with everyone else and what they said. I once (Unknowingly ate some Miracle Whip that had expired) And I didn't get sick or anything. A few days later I was looking at the bottle and it said it had expired MONTHS ago...but nothing happened to me. You should be fine.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

The dates are just a guideline which people always break. Don't think about it and you'll be fine

Those cheese slices could last forever! Even if they didn't, as everyone else has said, the dates are guidelines, not requirements. You'll be fine!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Listen, this one time, I ate cheese, real cheddar cheese too that was 8 months past its expiry date...it had mould all ove rit and my little sister went into the fridge went into the back of the fridge 9 at my deadbeat dads house lol never eating there again ) and saw mouldy cheese...and cut off the mould ( being too young to realize ) and gave my sister a huge piece and me a medium sized piece...my sister was up sick all night but I wa sfine...now if I wa sfine after 8 months of badness to set in im sure you will b eok...plus I think they put the expiration date way before it actually expires to be safe... you will be ok...

Kraft slices = preservatives to the max. You're cool.

I AM A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are going to kill
    me!!!!!! I just looked at the date again and its NOVEMBER 2006
    NOT 2005!!! I am relieved, Mostly from your guys posts, but I am
    still wondering why it tasted so bad. I am fine so far and I ate
    it 5 hrs ago. Ill keep you guys posted. Thanks again everyone![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I have noticed that sometimes, if a corner of the package gets open, it kind of dries out and gets hard on the edges exposed to the air. I always just rip off that corner and eat the piece anyway. That's probably all that happened. I'm sure you will be fine!

PS- did a tour of the Mars Cheese Castle in Wisconsin (don't even ask), and its perfectly acceptable to eat cheese that has moulded. Apparently if you cut off the mouldy part and wash the rest of it with some light soap there is absolutely no danger. There is no danger of that happening in my household however, since I am a complete cheese whore and good non-processed cheese never lasts long enough to develop mould.

Makes sense really, considering what cheese is, and how certain varieties have mould as their signature.

*amber*