Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So Im in th emiddle of eating dinner, when family feud comes on...something pretty safe to watch...whne the question comes up 'what is another word for throw up?' I wa sreally upset because I took it as a sign or something...kinda humourous but upsetting as well...I don't know why im posting this but I am...

THAT is a gross and inappropriate thing to put on Family Feud!! If I was playing, I would lose for my whole family. Why is it so COMMON to mention this stuff?

Ya and they were so normal about it, like laughing an dmaking jokes...like it was nothing

I dont know that I could make jokes and laugh about it, I would feel like I was jixing myself. Silly as that may sound.

I guess I may be the weird one here...but it really would depend on the mood i was in if it would bother me or not....sometimes things associated with V does not bother me really....but other times it does....yes, I am a true emet...when it comes down to actual v...but sometimes if I am really feeling good and things are going good for me, just the talk doesn't bother me too bad.......HOWEVER I know it does bother some...and for that reason, I am sorry you had to hear that on tv.....i remember the Funniest Home Videos incident...and it freaked me out completely...so I know how you must have felt...and I am sorry you had to experience that junk...
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Sorry, but this post just made me laugh out loud! It totally reminds me of college conversations late at night. We had so many nicknames for V* that it isn't even funny. I would have these conversations all the time with friends because it would make us all gross out and laugh hysterically. I picked up quite a few new terms for it over the course of college... [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleteacher
    Sorry, but this post just made me laugh out loud! It totally reminds me of college conversations late at night. We had so many nicknames for V* that it isn't even funny. I would have these conversations all the time with friends because it would make us all gross out and laugh hysterically. I picked up quite a few new terms for it over the course of college... [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Hahahaha, same here. I have definitely expanded my vomit-vocabulary over the past few years.....not to mention know WAY too many words for both the male and female genetalia. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I figure that words are words- they can't hurt me unless I give them the power to hurt me.

*amber*