Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WOW! How fantastic are you lot!! I have had a period of relative calm since I posted. The sun has been shining and the outbreak in the area seems to have calmed down now - not making the news anyway so my fears have calmed. I even spoke to my boss about my fear - she is a love - she's been anti-bacing everything to help keep me calm. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I want to say thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences - especially happyteacher, designgirl and shiva! I know that losing two very speical people helped OT my fears and anxieties but I am happy again. I moved away from everyone in my life to start again yet I became quite isolated and alone. I know that I would be a great parent, I am a great step-parent and have a lot to give. I have some technical issues about pregnancy these days, my partner has had the snip (6 yrs ago), I might have a genetic breast cancer gene and am undergoing testing and I am getting on a bit! I guess that however much I wanted to have children my fear became my reason for not wanting them because its easier to access as a reason and find an excuse than accepting that having kids will be truly difficult.

I await my genetic results...maybe I will feel differently if I am ok - then its only the reverse op to contend with!!

Goodness...what a mess I sound! I am actually pretty much together...apart from emet phases....damn it!!!

Long post I know...maybe I should focus on the things I thought were impossible and got over...like stopping smoking!!

What is cognitive therapy anyway - I can't afford therapy - can I? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Leigh-ann x
    <!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Well, I am a graduate student on a stipend of $14,000 a year, and I have been able to afford it.

I don't know your financial situation, but if you can afford to have children, then you could afford to have some treatment before you have them?? Hope that doesn't sound rude because I don't mean it to, but I'm just pointing out that kids cost too.

Are you without health insurance?

There are also, as another user kel pointed out, clinics with interns who are inexpensive to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by woolumstick
    WOW!
    What is cognitive therapy anyway - I can't afford therapy - can I? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Leigh-ann x
    <!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Wool - go to the top of any section on this forum now - IMPORTANT TOPICS and click on INFO &amp; FAQs. It will lead you to all sorts of info about treatments, and how to find a therapist if you can't afford it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Having kids saved my life as an emetiphobic.. Once you see them get sick and they just go on you think how you can too...I never would have believed it until I did it but it was truly better than my years of therapy. And they are so fun [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    You MUST do the thing you fear the most- E. Roosevelt