Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What do you all think? A woman that works a couple feet away from me called in Wednesday with a sv. Her husband and son were s* the previous day. I called in today because I didn't want to be exposed (scared to death). I really don't want to go tomorrow, but I just can't stand lying. I feel bad about letting my co-works down as well, since we work on teams. What would you do???? Would you let the fact that she was sick doing you know what stop you from going to work???? (Of course, I always have my hand sanitizer and hand wipes on my desk to take precaution at all times).[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] Edited by: chally

Is anyone out there to give their opinion on this??? Please!! Tomorrow is fast approaching and I don't know what to do.Edited by: chally

Edit: Sorry, I thought that this post was from yesterday.

I wouldn't stay home from work for that reason. You already called off one day, and the woman called off one day. Wash your hands, and you'll be fine. Edited by: japa

I think you should be safe. I would just stear clear of her, wash my hands and use sanitizer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sad enough kellybean, I chickened out. I did use these past two days though to look for other jobs (I'm looking for a different career path), so at least I put them to good use!

Chally - I wouldn't even worry about it. I don't know how bad this phobia bothers you, but I can tell you that I'm sick of it, deal with it, and move on. There's no reason to worry about something if you don't even know if it's going to happen. I felt like crap today. Woke up with a stomach ache (like usual) and felt somewhat sick. Was hungary, but didn't want to eat. Finally, I had some toast. Still didn't feel right. I didn't know if I was catching something or what, BUT I decided to the heck with it. I'm going to the pool. I still felt like crap. I just kept thinking. Ok. If I get sick, I get sick. There's nothing I can do about it. I can't stop it. Why worry, you know? I'm sure you will be fine. I know I'm a little late posting. How are you now? If I run into people who are sick or they are sick at work, I just stay away from them like most people would. I hope this helps. Let me know how you are.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Thanks for the support princessmel! I know, I'm so sick of this phobia as well - it interferes in every aspect of your life!! If I could live in a bubble, I would! I'm doing ok, but dreading to go back to work tomorrow. I just hate my job and that's been really stressing me out. I've been applying for other ones as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm waiting for my fiance to finish up his undergrad, so I'm completely geographically limited too! This phobia doesn't help either - I hate my current work environment b/c you are so close to everyone else (like 3-4 feet). I get totally panicked if someone's been sick... <sigh>...

I know this is hard, but when you get to work, just try to relax and concentrate on your job. Remember to wash your hands and don't touch your face. Try to stay away from them. You'll be fine.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

This is kinda alate post but friends of mine stick fingers down their throat and make themselves v* I have always been astonished as to HOW THE HELL THEY DO IT? ofcourse its different here cause we are all emets. They say they rather make themselves v* than sit there and feel nauseous ... and they say after making themselves v* they feel so much better. Im so sick and tired of this phobia that (as of recently) whenever i feel kinda sick I would pursuade myself that I should stick two fingers down my throat or mentally MAKE myself gag so i can get it over with and maybe it wont be so bad.. but I always chicken out... but then it takes baby steps. I just hope you feel better Im sure all of us are tired of this phobia and how we have to push a lot of things aside because of this. but remember whats important in life. We're all here to help each other get better from this. Feel better.

-vee
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.