Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

So I have always had a lot of anxiety and it's almost always been health anxiety. I have had panic attacks before which have mostly come from me feeling n* and pacing around being scared that I'm going to v* or when my daughter is sick I panic as well. But I am very aware of the source/reason why I am panicing.

I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant, just got into a very bad car accident 2 weeks ago (head on collision) and haven't slept much since. I would say that in the past week I havewoke up in the middle of the night (about 3 nights) totally freaked out and just earlier tonight I started to feel it for a few minutes....my body just feels uncomfortable and I feel like something is wrong that I can't control. Is this also a panic attack? I've never had one like this before because I normally know WHY I'm am in a panic. These attacks seem to just come on and I'm confused as to why I am feeling so strange.

Does anyone else ever feel this way - it's so hard to explain how I really feel. It's kind of like I feel panicky and something is wrong with my body/mind and I can't control it and it's just an uncomfortable feeling. I almost feel like something is terribly wrong with me and/or my body. Is this a panic attack?

I've been through hell in the past 2 weeks and I'm just wondering if that is what is causing this for me. Someone help me with some answers so at least I know I'm not going crazy!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Sounds like you are having a panic attack. They very often come on with no warning, and especially since you have had a recent traumatic experience. I spent 30 years dealing with my panic attacks before I finally found a doctor who put me on anti-depressants and relieved me of the misery. Since you are pregnant, tho, it might be better to wait until after the baby is born if you are thinking of trying medication....check with you doctor about it. In the meantime, try deep breathing, distract yourself (do crossword puzzles, watch tv, whatever) and remember that it will go away. Hang in there, you will be okay. Janice

I think it's the combination of stress and hormones. Talk to your obstetrician about it. I remember during my pregnancies he'd always take the time to let me vent to him and it helped a lot, just talking about how I was feeling and him telling me it was going to be all right and what I was feeling was normal. Because it IS going to be all right and what you are feeling IS normal.

Hugs!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Thank you Paula and Janice for responding. I used to take anxiety meds due to other symptoms that I had just not because of panic attacks. I'm sure that this all has to due with being pregnant, being in an accident, being tired, and being stressed. Hopefully I'll get through this soon and it'll all be in the past.

Thanks again! Alissa