Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

We are saved! A new product has been introduced that lets people open bathroom doors that open in without touching anything with their hands. It is a bracket, called the Clean Hands Sanitary Door Opener, that attaches above the handle, and you insert your forearm into it and pull the door open.

There is a picture and ordering information here: http://www.gapress.org/PDFs/sanitary_door.pdf

We all need to get our employers and landlords to order this for every commercial building and restaurant. Ordinances need to be passed in every city and town mandating this in restaurants. The phone number to order is (770) 254-7608.

This is like having one opener for clean, sanitary people and one for the others! How can an emet not love it?

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hooary!!! I am an elbow nudging door opener - but automatic doors
    are the best thing EVER!!!! And hooray for infrared toilet
    flushes and tap water!! wooooooohooooo![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

Well, this little bracket is a lot cheaper than an automatic door opener. I'm sure every emet is wondering, "why didn't I think of that?"

Doug

P.S. All those electric eyes in modern bathrooms are pretty spooky. They have them on toilets, urinals, sinks, paper towel dispensers, and I've even seen them on soap dispensers.

I think that is an interesting concept, but so is opening the door with a tissue or piece of paper towel, and it's cheaper. That's what I do. I carry pocket tissues w/ me just in case there aren't any papertowels available, and that's how I open the door. I grab it with the towel so my hands/fingers never touch it.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

Yeah I usually just use my elbow or a paper towel...mostly I just try and use the bathroom before I leave the house so I don't have to go into those nasty public restrooms!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

They now have a web site where you can see the product in action and place an order. Perhaps you could print this stuff out in color and show it to your favorite restaurateur. http://www.sanitarydooropener.com/index.html

Doug