Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am shaking and so scared, and he says he still feels sick, so I am so nervous, and it is 3 in the morning and I know no one is out there to talk me down. I hardly ever need this, but i am in a mess now. My husband is sitting in our room with him watching t.v. and I gave him a cold wet wash rag and some towels and he is in a chair in our room. HELP ME!!!
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I am so scared and still shaking, but I am wanting someone to calm down. I hate the middle of the night. I hope everyone is sleeping and not worrying, but I do want everyone here right now too!! Do you guys think I'm selfish or what?? LOL At least I am attempting to calm myself down with bad humor

I am so sorry to hear that! The middle of the night is the worst, and I'm sorry no one was here to help you! Does your husband know how much this phobia bothers you? If he does, then maybe he will take care of your son so you can calm down a bit. I hope your son is feeling better. Hang in there!!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Thank you. My husband does know exactly how bad this is and he is a great help. Right now, my son is going poopy and I know he willbe V*ing again, so I walked into the office here and he and my husband are in our bathroom while he is pooping. I don't hear V*, so maybe he won't, but I am so scared.

Well, all children V , some of them rarely but tehey V.

If your husband is so nice that he is with son, dont worry. Your son is ok if he is with dady, dont worry about guilty. Try to relax (i am now that is hard), and go away from bathroom because sound of V can make you feel worst.

Hope I helped.

Regards!!!!

Gubba

How is ur son now? sorry not alot of ppl were there 4 u wen this happened,

kath x

He is still awake sitting in a chair in our room watching t.v. My husband is with him, but sleeping in our room and I was resting in the bed in there. I want to be there for him and I try to be, so I have stayed up this whole time chatting with him between running to the computer for help from you guys, No more V* yet but it is usually about 4 hours apart for him, so it will be soon. I am so scared, and partly because I hate all of this, but I don't want to catch this.

gubba how are you doing? I agree the worst is when they are up being sick in the middle of the night. How is your son? Was he sick again? I am glad your husband is there helping you out.
    Could be something that he ate, but with all this stomach flu going around its hard to tell. You know the routine girl, keep your hands clean.

Gubba,

I am really sorry about the night you have had. How is your son feeling now? Were you able to get yourself some rest?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Awwhhh... thank goodness for a wonderful hubby! How is your son feeling? Hopefully it was just his dinner that didn't agree with him or something. Is he running a fever?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Aw...i am so sorry for you....and your little son....that is sad that it was so late at night too. That is always the worst...i hope that now he is better and that you are ok too. I am very glad your husband was there to take over and that he understands your fears....it's a bad way to be, but at least he was there for you.....I hope that the rest of your night was good, and that you all got some rest. Let us know how the little one is doing ok.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I am sorry that you are going through this. I certainly do not think you acted selfish in any way. I wish I had been here last night to help. You stayed in the room with him, you are a great mom!! As for not being right there when he v* or had d* ........... look at it this way, he doesnt need your help to v* or d*, know what I mean? Just because you are not there for the actual act, doesnt mean you are not supportive of him.

I hope he is feeling better and that there has been no more v*

Thanks you guys....He did not sleep at all, so we were up all night, but he did not end up with D* and he just V*'d again about 30 minutes ago. He told myhusband that his ears hurt, so I made an appointment and we go to the Dr. ina little over an hour. He does have a fever and I have no clue if it is an SV or if he has his first ear infection. He is 4 and has neverhad one, so if these are symptoms, he has it. Anyway, I am exhausted, N* from stress and I want to crawl into a hole away from everyone and sleep.

My husband is the best man alive and he is taking today off from work, so if anyone ever had question as to his devotion to us and his trying to understand this awful phobia of mine, we need not question it. He has spent every moment with my son and he took a quick shower, threw on clothes and he is back in my son's bed sitting with him till we leave in an hour or so.

Thank you all for being there and if it is an SV, I am sure you will all be there for me again. That is why this forum is so important and I do appreciate all of the help from you guys.

gubba,my husband is supportive too, I dont know how I could do it without him!!!! He doesnt understand this phobia, but he is understanding of me when we are in a crisis.

When you can, let us know how you and your son are doing and what the doctor says.

I will...I hate this phobia, but I am trying so hard to be a mom and a wife throuhg is since my rational side tells me that we will all survive, even if we do all get the V* thing.

I will keep you posted and thanks for your concern

No, my husband is the best man alive. My son, who's 16 months, pukes a ton, and my husband is great. I've actually found I'm getting pretty good too. Keep us posted.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

Gubba, thank your lucky stars your husband is like he is....i think mine would be there for me, but it's happened before and i had to be the one...but he's helped too. So, give him a great big ol hug and kiss and tell him how much you love and appreciate him for this one!!! I am so sorry you are going through this...but like you said...you will survive no matter what it is. I wish you the best...and hope that things will get better soon. Take care of yourself now...don't let yourself get too run down with worry and stress.
    Kate

Gubba - A v'g kid in the middle of the night is the worst! I have been there and it's so hard to wake up to that. You have handled it just fine, and your husband is worth his weight in gold. We are all thinking of you!

let us know what the doctor said!
    concerning ear infection or not

It very well be that his ears caused him to v*. Did he complain of any dizziness or is he too young for that?

Keep us posted...you are doing a WONDERFUL job mom!

We just got home from the Dr. and she said that one ear has some fluid in it, but not too bad and not infected. She said it doesn't sound like and SV so I was bewtter hearing that. She thinks that it is drainage hurtinghis stomach and that the V* is mucus and that is what my husband described it as, so I waslucky to not see it. Anyway, he is resting now and she thinks that the weather changing from snow one week to trees blooming and 75 degrees the next week and then today again it is cold and gross, so she is blaming it on the weather.

She said his throat was red, but not strep looking, so unless he got worse, she thinks he will be fine.

I have told my husband how wonderful he is and I do love him more than anything. We have been together for 8 1/2 years and married for almost 6 and we were friends for a year before we dated, so he is my best friend, my rock certainly at times like this and a dad that cannot be beat. My son adores him and so do I. At times like this, I realize how lucky I am and I hate it for moms that are alone rasing their kids. It is the hardest thing to be a mom and when you do it alone, your job is to be mom and dad all in one which would kill me, but I know so many of you out there do it and I give you guys a big pat on the back for that.

My son is resting on daddy's should now, so I will keep you posted. Thanks for being there for me. I would not want to be without you guys either!!! I don't even know you all except for all of us having this common phobia, and each of you reached out to me like a best friend................THANKS!!!

I hope your son feels better very soon.

Thinking of you.

Big hugs from England, UK.

Fifi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good to hear it's not a sv.....however...i do hope whatever it is will go away soon and not be any worse for him. I think you did a great job Gubba....pact YOURSELF on the back for also being a great mom...because you are...despite this phobia. I hope the rest of your weekend goes well and that everyone stays well and your little boy gets only better. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Kate

Gubba, I hope your son continues to feel better. I also hope you get some much needed rest.
    &lt;a href=\"
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"&gt;&lt;/a&gt ; ; ;

I work from home and I have so much to do, but I sent my husband back to work, reluctantly, but my son is sleeping and I think he will for a while and I am scared he will V* when he wakes up, but I will deal with it and move on. I guess I can assume that if it is definitely not an SV then I am just sad for him, and if it is a touch of an SV, then I've already been so exposed to it that a little more won't kill me.

GUBBA~~

You sound like you're handling this like a real champ!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You are very lucky to have such a supportive husband, which helps you immensely.

I really do hope your son feels better soon!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Gubba, I'm so sorry I wasn't around.

Last Friday, my daughter was feeling sick and my husband took her in and the doctor said the same thing, that it didn't look like strep, but he insisted on a culture and the rapid test came back neg. but the 48 hour culture was positive. I'm just saying, if he doesn't start to feel better maybe have him swabbed? 3/5 people in our family tested positive this week! It's going around!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I know it is going around and the nurse thought it looked like it with the red splotches on his throat, but the DR. said not, so I will keep it in my head. He has slept for over 3 hours this afternoon, so I am a little nervous, but we were up all night, so I guess he should be asleep. I just hope he will sleep tonight...I plan to go down by 8, so my poor husband who had V* duty all night and this a.m. and then he went to work and now when he gets home, he has to make sure my son goes to sleep at some point...I AM GETTING SLEEP TONIGHT!!!!!!

It sounds like a bacterial thing going on to me. Did the doctor give him an antibiotic? My son was sick for almost two weeks before we got an antiobiotic. He is finally on the mend.

Your husband sounds like a dream. Hold on to him.

Hopefully you can get some shut-eye tonight.

Stella

Yes, hold on to that man!!! My husband takes care of the kids if he is home, too!! I hope your son is on the mend, great job handling it so well!!