Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Check this list out; we're not as odd as we think...

http://www.phobialist.com
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

hehe I love it.

I was thinking Ill just read a few and ended up going through the whole list chuckling along. How hard must life be fearing standing up?

I was sending them all to my friend (who I've jusssst told about my emet) and she summed it up and made me feel kinda happy

$13 Amy·0 says:
    u have a sensible fear

Some of those fears make emet seem very sensible and rational.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Thanks for that Wow, some people are afraid of peanut butter being stuck to the roof of their mouth and of body odor? I am going to refrain from humor here because I know what hell it is to be afraid of something, no matter how irrational
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Yeah most of these things seem irrational to us, but I mean OTHER people reading it see "Fear of V*" and they are probably like, "WTF?" LoL! Yeah the fears you have are never irrational to yourself.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

OK, I'm sorry, this one is just too ironic:

"Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words."

I can't help but laugh at this one. And I sure needed a good laugh today!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Yeah that was a joke my professor told in my linguistics class about the word for the fear of long words being so complicated.

I try not to think any phobias are funny since I'm an emet but maybe
    what happens is that someone who has Allumiphobia or Cyclophobia see
    the definition of Emetophobia and then think "that's so funny!"
    so in that way it's all even. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]<a name="A-"></a></font><a name="A-"></a><a name="A-"></a></font>

The difference between them and us is.............

If you fear peanut butter getting stuck on the roof of your mouth, you just avoid peanut butter and can live a pretty normal life.

If you fear malls, you just don't go there.

If you fear V*, you just don't eat? It's really hard to avoid it, although I try.

BandNerd

Thats true, bandnerd. Some people fear things like butterflies, which are naturally beautiful creatures so it makes it hard for us to understand how anyone could be scared of them...but v*ing, on the other hand,is in no way a beautiful, or attractivething! It is an unpleasant and scary experience to begin with, so I suppose this is what makes our phobia slightly more rational than others. Slightly. You know what I mean, anyway. It seems more normal than some, in comparison.

Its fascniating to find out what some people fear...here's a list of the 10 most common phobias. Emet is at number 7 here. Its kind of calming to know it's so common!

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/t...mmon-phobias.h tml
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

I just posted that b/c many of us think that we are alone. But I mean, how many people must think that they are the only ones who are afraid of showering or snow...

I'm not a psychology or psychology major... but I believe for something to be categorized as a specific phobia... you must obviously have an intense fear or it; but it must also cause you destress in your dailey life.

So someone afraid of PB on the roof of their mouth may fear that there may actually be peanutbutter in something like broccoli and butter.. when it is obvious that that there is no such chance...
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

i didnt laugh at theirs phobia!

they have fpr eg. fear of dark and you think : oh, what idiot, why is he affraid?

the same thing he think about ours phobia!

and bandnerd. you told true!

Ooo. That was the list the led me to research emetophobia. ^^
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

wow...i really wish i could trade emet for the fear of slime...