Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: meningitas

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">i have just read in an old topic by samara that she would rather have meningitas than a sv!!!! are you for real???? you stupid smallminded person. my partners one year old nephew died of meningitas, and my daughters half sister had it when she was a baby and nearly died!!!! im an emet but would rather vomit any day than go through what they went through. thats really pissed me off you idiot</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

I don't think namecalling is appropriate on this board. Moderators?
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I know you are upset Carry, but please dont say those names, its not nice.

I agree with Harmonygirl. Please be a bit more tactful

[img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

when I first read thsi post i was angry at the name calling and what not...but then I realisedI knwo you must feel strongly about the subject, you have to understand that alot of people would rather do ANYTHING than v* rational or irrational...next time maybe try and express it without namecalling...

I agree Mary (harmonygirl). I alot of people come here when they are at the end of their rope, to vent, wig out, whatever. Sometimes we think things that just aren't rational and I think it's great that we can come here to talk to other people who understand without judging.

Carry, I hope that what you wrote also was written in haste, out of emotion. I am very sorry for your partner's and his/her family's loss.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

We all come here to share our stories and concerns with no fear of being judged or ridiculed.

Carry, calling someone names doesn't solve anything or prove any point.

If you were so concerned and hurt by the statement you could have sent a private message to samara and KINDLY state you frustrations.

Many of us here would rather DIE than v*, severe yes, but the truth.

Please do us all a favor and next time you have hateful things to say - KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">and i dont think its nice that some small minded person says they would rather have a killer brain disease than throw up! im not sorry for calling someone an idiot for saying that. theres been many a time ive read posts where the word idiot has been used towards non emets say for example if they,ve gone into work sick or taken a sick child to school etc etc! im as scared to throw up as all of you but id never ever say id rather have a killer disease instead. how stupid is that?</TD></TR>

<T>
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off"> i would like you all to seriously think about whats been said. im sorry but i really dont understand you at all. how can anyone say they would rather have meningitas than throw up? god i thought i was a little crazy at times. i hope none of you ever have to go through what its like for someone close to you to be really ill. i dont think im the one that needs to think before i speak</TD></TR>

You know carry, you are making me as angry as samara made you. Calling people small minded for having this phobia is wrong. And yes, that is what you are doing. If you have ever read the article that sage has on the treatments board you will see that many emets would rather die than vomit. Irrational? yes! But that is the essense of this phobia - it is an irrational fear of vomiting. It is unfortunate that samara chose a disease that has affected your life personally. She was trying to communicate how irrational this fear is.

I would be curious to know what sort of "stupid" things you do that offend me and maybe I can call you "small minded"

Carry, you are really out of line, if you don't like it here, you should leave. People come here for SUPPORT, not to be called names. People say things that they really don't mean because they are scared in that moment. We don't all have to agree with that person, but we should support them and comfort them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Locked babe, this is a place where we try not to judge and to love and support our fellow emets. Yes if they say something illogical I know there is no fear in pointing that out but name calling is inappropriate and rude and won't be tolerated.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.