Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ever since I became a member, ok that was last week , I find myself so comforted by everyone! I was driving in my car today just thinking about all of you and how I'm not the only one out there that has this terrible phobia (and I used to think that I was)! There are many of you out there that think the same way I do!!! For instance, when I am out in public places, I always use hand santizer when I get back into my car, I look for sick people, I'm super-cautious of what I eat in restaurants, etc. It's absolutely neurotic, but I can't help it! Thanks for sharing your stories and experiences as this is very comforting.

I know, isn't it great?! I love this place.

I have become a hand sanitizer conossieur (ok I can't spell). My latest favorite is the black raspberry vanilla from Bath and Body Works. I've also bought the antibacterial wipes for my kids from there--I use them on restaurant tables, too LOL!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Might I add, I'm also glad that you can have emet and be a mom at the same time! I am getting married in July (yay!!!) and want to have children one day. My wonderful husband-to-be knows that I have this fear and is very supportive. We've been dating for seven years, so hopefully he can actually survive being married to and living with an emet!!!

mommyof3 - I completely understand!! I wipe my desk down every time for I eat! And I agree, Bath and Body Works makes the best hand santizer as it smells wonderful too! I'll have to try the black raspberry vanilla. I used to work there when I was in high school and loved every minute of it!