Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, once again for what seems like the2 millionth time I find myself struggling against this illness. I was doing as well as I probably ever have mentally, but of course a few rough days and the negative thoughts begin to take over. It always amazes the highs and lows that I go through. One minute I believeIhave my fear conquered and the nextI'm rightback in the middle of the storm.Yet I'm reminded that there are others like me. Struggling each day. And that is why I would like to go over some things to share with you at the very same time I tell them to myself.

Tonightmay be dark, and it may be lonely, but I do not have to be afraid. I have a choice to run and hide but Iknow that I mustfight. I must remind myself ofthe better things and the happiness they bring. I need to take slow deep breaths and relax my mind and find something to smile about.I will get through this because I'm strong, becausei've done it many times before. I have many things to live for and I will not allow this todiminish them. Grit your teeth and suck it up, and go give your kids a hug. Whatever happens, happens. But with a happy heart and healthy mind it all will be O.K.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

I am exactly the same, I have good times then bad times.......like everyone else on here, I guess.

Thanx for sharing your thoughts with us, your philosophy is great, sometimes we just have to reassure ourselves to feel better, I will use your thoughts next time I am having a bad episode.

Laney XX&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;&nbs p;

I know how you feel. There are some days that I don't feel well and I'm almost comfortable with the fact that I might throw up because it happens to everyone, but most days I am just a wreck! I agree with Laney, you're absolutely right about living life and not letting little things get in your way. I think it's important that we all realize how much stress and anxiety this phobia is creating for us. All I can hope is that each and every single one of us will get through this!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

I feel the same way. I might go for long stretches in which I can even
    (mildly) joke about throwing up - in reference to others or even myself -,
    in which I feel I've conquered my fear. Then I'll find myself in tears over
    having to be in my boyfriend's apartment /days/ after he was sick. (And
    yes, this was /my/ choice to visit him. I just didn't realize how emotional
    I'd get.)