Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

okay i started my period on thursday..but its so light its almost
    none exsiting. But i have been having horribale gas, and
    sotmach pain, nd cramps, I feel realy bloated and n*. I have
    had lots of potty weird feeling, like gas making me feel like i
    have to pooh. Im so nervous because i used to get d* with my
    period, but i havent had one in three months becaus of the
    birhtcontrol. Well i have to work tomorrow, and im nervous
    about getting d* or feeling sick. I wasnt even feeling hungry
    which i always am, so i had toast, and my stomach just kept
    hurting, then i tried to go to the bathroom and it was loose but
    not d*. I just dont know what to do. Im also on antibiotics, and i
    think its making everything worse for my period. Im scared of
    being sick, and especially at work. and i know i cant call in or
    they will fire me, which is stupid. I dont know what to do. I think
    i should just try to sleep and hopefully tomorrow i will feel
    better?? maybe its fp* from my deli sandwhich...but i have
    eaten there before, but it did give me lots of heartburn which
    isn't usual for me. it hurts and im scared....
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry you're feeling so bad... it's probably the antibiotics and the birth control and the period. I've never been on birth control, but I have had periods like that, they suck.. what used to happen with me was that I would have very light periods the first couple of days, while being gassy, no appetite and horrible cramps. Then those symptoms would go away and the actual period would get heavier. The symptoms you say you have definitely sound like period symptoms, sleep would probably help. Take care, this time of the month can be so annoying, but in a few days it will be all over and you'll be feeling a lot better

Sorry you are feeling so yucky. I hope you are feeling better. It sounds like a mix of your period and the antibiotics. Try to relax and try not to think about it.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

Ruby, it's okay to be scared but honestly I don't think there's anything to worry about and here's why. First, I get really gassy, have crampingwith really loose stools with some of my periods too, and I know my mom did too when she still had her period. So I think those symptoms are perfectly normal. Secondly, antibiotics can definitely cause the tummy cramping& loose stools....it's happened to me countless times when I've been on antibiotics. Don't know what causes it, but I think that's a totally normal side effect as well. The pharmacy should have given you some instructions w/your antibiotic which also list possible side effects. If you still have those, check to see if d* is listed as a side effect. I have a sinus infection, so I'm on an antibiotic right now as well (Ketek pack)...here are the possible side effects listed: "N*, d* or v* may occur. Small, frequent meals, frequent mouth care (using mouthwash or brushing your teeth, I guess?), sucking hard sugar-free candy or chewing sugar-free gum may help. Yogurt, bifidobacterium bifidum, or lactobacillus may help. These are available at health food stores or in some pharmacies. For females, vaginal yeast infection may occur." Oh yeah, another lovely antibiotic side effect I've experienced before too, the yeast infection, ugh!

(Side note: I hope your doctor cautioned you about the effectsthat antibiotics haveon your bc pill....I've always been told to use a second means of bcduring your course of antibiotics AND for 7 days afterwards.It greatly decreases the effectiveness of thebc pill, and many, many women have gotten pregnant while on the pill because they were takingan antibiotic at the time!)

Anyway, I know it's easier when it's not happening to you to say "Oh, I don't think there's anything to worry about; you'll be fine," but because I've experienced the exact same thing a number of times, I honestly think you'll be fine and there's nothing to worry about. I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. And of course we all know that worry only makes the tummy ache, the potty problems, etc. worse! Hang in there; you'll be okay!

Stacy
    \"Horticulture: You can lead a whore to culture, but you cannot make her think.\" -- Dorothy Parker

Im sure it is defo the antibiotics, whenever I take them (and that isnt often) they upset my system really badly. I get stomach cramps, diahhrea and generally feel like crap!!

Hope you are feeling better now.

Laney