Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all,

I've been noticing, it seems if I eat too late at night, when I try to go to bed my stomach gets hurting, or acidy or gurgly, or all 3, and does anyone else get this if they eat something later? I mean like say you eat something around 10pm and go to bed 11 or 12. I think this could be my problem, but not sure...

thats totally normal...u shudnt eat late as it leaves u bloated and leaves u with indigestion...dont worry about it, its not a problem, just try and eat earlier and dont eat carbs after 5/6pm

I get this too. Its best no to eat 2 hours before you go to bed. Sometimes It gets so bad for me that I cant sleep, even for hours after I try to go to bed. I think it panics us too. Do you find it scarry when that happens? Ido

yeah... im the same... i cant eat things too late at night either...

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah it panics me!! I try and not think about it too much, but it does scare me a bit. I think I do need to not eat so late, my stomach just doesn't like it!! I noticed the nite before last (when I had to spend the nite at my grammas) I didnt eat anything after dinner (which was like 7pm) and my stomach was good that nite (thankfully!) so I think that is a big contributor to my problem there!

in my house, we've always ate dinner at around 6 o clock, so by the time i go to bed, im ok....

but i have friends who eat their dinner around 9 or 10 =O i just cudnt imagine what my stomach wud be lke if i did that and went to bed at half 10!!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i eat about 4.30 and never have trouble but had to eat at 11pm the other nite due to a late shift at work and felt rotten weni went to bed...its not emet related its just ur bodies way of saying it doesnt want u 2 lie down after uve had lots to eat bcuz u dont burn the energy off and the food sits in ur stomach so ur likely 2 get heart burn or indigestion