Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

do you find that your children are rarely sick?
    or more so??

just wondering if there are differences between the amount of times children in public schools get sick as opposed to children who are schooled at home.

Well, my kids rarely got sick, even when they were in public schools, but now my two boys are grown and living out of the house (well, my 19 year old is on his own, and 17-yr-old is with his dad inCA, my 14-year old is with me and she's homeschooled), but my daughter is homeschooled and never gets sick. I homeschooled her because she missed alot of school due to asthma and fell behind. I do like the benefits of her not being exposed so much.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I have friends who homeschool their six children, and they seemed to get sick just as much as everybody else. In fact, when one of them caught something, they all did.

BUT this is just my one friend. It's all I have for you to go on

My kids are hit and miss, sometimes one of the three will get something and the other two not or all three will get it or just two, etc. I have a preschooler, kindergartner, and second grader and I don't homeschool.

One thing I noticed is that we were a lot sicker the year my oldest son started school. Then it got better because everyone's immunity got built up.

<font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>