Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sudden gagging

I have experienced many times that I can just sit a play a game, laugh, having fun and such and then all of a sudden, I begin to gag.

Is this normal? Is it an illness? I have had this for some months now.

What is this?

Hmmm, I've never really heard of that, but it probably is nothing too serious if you're only gagging a bit and not v*ing... I get allergies in the winter and sometimes I gag just because my sinuses are so full and I have mucus build-up in my throat (ew, sorry to be gross, lol)

I'd check with the doctor and just tell him or her the symptoms. Maybe you do have something as simple as allergies.

Feel better, and let me know of any progress!!!!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

i gag a million times a day, it started off as being so scared of vomiting that i would gag at the thought of it, but eventually it just started to happen for absolutely no reason. it used to scare me to death cos i thought that i was going to vomit, and i used to try and fight it. eventually though i figured out that if i just let it happen it would go away.

Do you think you could be thinking that you are gagging then your body actually makes you gag as in a reaction to your thoughts about this?

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sometimes when I smoke, I gag.
    And when I run and I dont have enough air and I start breathing really heavily I gag.... Maybe your throat is just dry, and its irritating it...
    get some cough syrup and try to moisturize it?..

-vee
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.

I gag when i get anxious and panicky, which of course makes me more sick and anxious...I have to sit really still cause if I move I will gag. My anti-anxiety meds help me a TREMENDOUS amount for this. if I feel gaggy I take a Xanax and it goes away, so I know it is my anxiety that causes it, plus I thikn Xanax relaxes all my muscles (including my throat).

I've noticed since I started taking my anti-depressant, Lexapro, I almost never get gaggy anymore.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip