Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Bad Juice?

So this seems really stupid, but I still have to ask. I just made myself some alfredo noodles for lunch and poored myself a glass of juice. The juice was in the refigerator, still sealed, and the date was fine. This is the kind of juice that really doesn't even need to be refrigerated until it is opened. And I was the first person to open it. Anyway, I was eating my noodles, whicih tasted completely normal, and I went to take a sip of the juice. It had a really funny taste to it. I assumed it was just not mixing well with the alfredo sauce (you know how some things are like that). I was on the phone with my mom at the time, so I kept eating and drinking the juice, even with the bad taste. Then when I had hung up, and had already drank about 2/3 of the glass, I realized just how bad it tasted. I dumped the rest out, but now I am worried that it will make me sick. I feel fine now, but I don't want it to come back and get me later. I really don't know how it would have been bad since it wasn't opened and didn't even need to be refrigereated. It wasn't one of my favorite flavors either, my husband has bought it a couple of times because he likes it, but it was all we had so I just decided to drink it. He isn't home or I would have him taste it to see if it tastes bad. Do you think it was bad or just a bad mix of flavors? I am afraid to try anymor to see if it really is bad because if it is, I don't want to put anymore in my body!

darlin, if it tastes bad to you.. then that is your cue to not drink it.
    it doesnt matter if it wasnt mixing well with the food or whatever.. you
    didnt like it..so dont drink it!

i truly dont think it was "bad".. just bad tasting is all!

by the way, what kind ofj uice is it?

It was Juicy Juice - Strawberry Banana flavor. This brand of juice tastes different than most because it is 100% juice, so they don't add as much sugar. They say 8 ounces of it is equivalent to a serving of fruit. Since I know I don't eat healthy enough, I thought this was something better for me to drink than Coke or something. I have always thought this flavor had a bit of a bite to it,that's why I wondered ifmaybe it was just amplified because of the alfredo sauce? I just looked at the date and it doesn't expire until July. THey say to use within 7 days of opening, but I just opened it.

It was probably just a bad mixing of flavours. Don't worry, but do keep us
    posted. And it probably didn't help that it wasn't one of your favourite
    flavours. ;P

It's going to be okay. Really. [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img] If it would help any, pop a mint.
    (This is the second time in an hour or so that I've recommended this, I
    think. At this rate, I'm going to be known as the 'Mint Girl'. *laughs*)

i think that if eaten with alredo sauce..it probably couldve ended up with
    a "tart" taste...

It was probably just a bad taste, but even if it wasn't I don't think it would make you sick, like if you ate an old banana what would happen? You know? It might make you have a lil d* or whatever but not V*
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

If it makes you feel annny better at all my friend was on the phone to me drinking orange juice...same situation she'd only just opened it and just bought it too...and she got to the last bit and realised there had been ,ould pured into the cup with her drink.

Nothing happened to her. No v* or d* or any kind of illness.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

xxx.

<font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Juicy Juice will give you some different tastes. And I have experienced this with that exact product. It has to do with the acidity and the variety of different fruit concentrates they use to come up with the certain flavors. My kids drink it down with no problem, but I personally don't like the stuff and have always noticed "funny" tastes when drinking it while i'm eating food. To be honest my kids drink strawberry banana juicy juice all the time and I can't imagine mixing it with alfredo noodles. Not bad juice, just a bad combination of flavors and foods. I try to avoid anything acidic when I eat a cream sauce based foods anywaybecausetheytend to clash andbother my stomach.
    A special thank you to my daughter Alyssa. Your strength and courage gives me great inspiration. Where I am weak, you are strong. I will always love you.

I agree with the others...probably justa bad taste. I am sure you will be fine!

I had my husband try it when he got home and he drank a glass and said he thought it tasted good. I guess it must have been just me!