Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: o/t my dad

Hi everyone,

I am worried about my dad. He had his cholestral (sp) checked and it is very high-especially the bad bits. I am really worried about him. He is 65 and a non smoker, all he does is have a glass of red wine in the evening time. He is very active. The doctor did not advise him of how to get the level down. Does anyone know what he should do? I love my dad so much and i am scared something is going to happen to him.

I value your thoughts or advice on this.

Lots of love

Fifi

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

My mom has high cholesterol, and absolutely REFUSES to medicate herself for it. If your dad doesn't want to go the medicine route, I would suggest a change of diet, as that is what she did. She's a vegetarian now, and doesn't eat cheese, chocolate, and sometimes wine (along with many other things), plus she's a yoga teacher and leads an active lifestyle. If your dad doesn't want to go to those extremes (i sure wouldnt!), he could go to the doctor and ask for a list of foods to avoid.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! I would ask my mom exactly what all of the options are, but she isn't home at the moment. I hope that your dad will be okay!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thank you Anya. I know he likes cheese and nice things like that!! I would appreciate a list of what he should eat, then i can advise him.

Thank you so much you are very kind

Fifi

xxxxx

My hubby had really high cholesterol and high triglycerides (very bad), and here's what he did: eats a bowl of oatmeal every day

takes garlic pills 2x day

taked fish oil pills 2x day

limits his fat and sodium intake

drinks red wine, which is a good thing

From one year to the next, he literally cout his chol. in half and his triglycerides went down drastically. It's worth a try, and can be reversed.
    ~*~Charlene~*~