Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: brother is sick

OK heres the story i went over thursday night and he was fine he took me to get food at the store and he drove me and my son home my daughter stayed over the night with my parents then on friday i went over i talked to him a little bit then today saturday i went over tp visit my brother answered the door and i didnt even see him cause by the time i got in the door he was in his room i thought he was mad or something any ways my mom calls me and tells me he has chills and does not want to eat sounds like the sv to me any ways can i catch this or my kids i went home as soon as i found out he was sick i did not talk to him also i was not around him at all when symtoms started

Brina, slow down, calm down. It was so hard to read your post--it truly reflected how worked up you are.

Has he actually v*?? I couldn't quite understand, does he live with your parents? Is that where your daughter stayed? If you weren't in the same room with him when he was s* than you probably won't catch it. Also, even if it is a sv, and even if you do catch it, it doesn't mean you will necessarily v*. I haven't v* (knock wood) in many years and believe me, I have had several sv's since then (just had one three weeks ago and ended up being tired with d*).

Just try and relax.I know it's hard.

<font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

ya he lives with my parents but my mom just called and said he ate like a sandwich and fruit and then asked her what was for dinner no he did not vomit and my mom thinks he is faking it cause he had a fight with his girlfriend

Well, go smack him around for getting you all worked up!

Does your family know about your emet?
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>