Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Petrified!!!

Hi Everyone

I need some support.. I am freaking out. I have been fighting off a sore throat all week and finally today it took its toll. Last night, by the way, I was hit with *almost* diarrhea... it was one step before it. Today when I woke up it was gone but I felt really tired.

Now I'm sick. My throat is killing me, my ears hurt, my chest hurts and my entire body is completely aching. Its been a long time since my body has ached from a flu - probably 2 years or so. The last flu I had was brutal, I didn't leave my bed for 4 days. This is what this one feels like. I am feverish too.... hot and cold. Now I'm shaking and I think its from anxiety. I have myself convinced that this will get worse and I will end up throwing up as well. Actually... my voice of reason is telling me that I should be more worried if I didn't have the classic cold symptoms with it. If I were just achy, cold and nauseated I might want to be a little more worried.

I can't stop shaking. I am convinced I'm going to throw up. I have that feeling where you just want to run away from yourself but then the trapped feeling because I can't run away from my body. I have to ride this out. I am so scared.... I can't even imagine myself throwing up. As far as I know, I don't do that. For 15 years I haven't done that. I have dodged stomach viruses and the like for that long... I want to keep going with it. I just feel so terrible right now. I took tylenol and drank some juice... I am hoping it will kick in asap. I have ZERO appetite. The thought of food makes me want to gag.

I am so scared.. I need some reassurance here.. please someone help. Or write right away...

Thank you

Lisa

just a bit ago...

some severe n* came over me.. a really bad stomachache..not pain just a really BLEH feeling down there...

i started freaking out.. so i immediately made ginger tea..intertwined with seven up. my face kept getting super hot.. and then i would get really cold.. and then i would get super hot again. no fever though. im not sick. its anxiety..

it took about an hour to calm down.

its around the time of the month for me.

regardless.. drainage from your sore throat can cause upset stomach. my cousin had that a few weeks ago. she had no appetite.. your basic cold symptoms.. along with a few other things.. (that didnt include v*..or d* that i am aware of).. she was also feverish one day i think.
    regardless..
    having a COLD..or flu or whatever. can make you feel sick.
    but that doesnt mean you'll GET sick.. meaning v*..
    15 years and going strong.. you need to calm down...
    get some hot tea. ginger or peppermint!

can you call someone? call your mother?

I actually live with my parents for the moment (totally s***ty - but I AM moving to Calgary in 3 weeks!!). I don't do well with talking to anyone when I'm panicking. For some reason typing it out isn't the same thing. I think I'm afraid that if I open my mouth I'll vomit. I always shut down when I'm panicking. I just want to hide... and I always do. Right now I'm hiding in my room, lights off... window open. Freaaaaaaaaaking out. I hate this.

I think whats scaring me is that a girl at work had this or something similar and she WAS vomiting. On the same token, another girl had it and didn't vomit once. I want to have what she had - non-vomit girl I mean. I hate flu season. I got a frickin flu shot too.... what a waste.

Lisa

im sorry..
    but the flu is an upper respiratory thing..
    v* isnt usually associated with something like that.. is it?

i do hope that as time keeps going by.. you keep realizing
    that NOTHING has happened..and that you're fine...

Thank you so much...

I think I will try to go to bed, for some reason I always feel better when I get in my pj's and put my glasses on and read. Hopefully I sleep through the night........

Thank you again for being there, I appreciate it!!

Lis

You will b eok...It is just the flu/cold, which can really mak eyou feel crummy, and if you have a fever with it I find that makes me more anxious and nervous and jittery...it can make you feel gross and no appetite, but it does't mean you will V*... Hang in there

goodnight lisa!
    yes relax! bedtime is for rest and healing and rejuvination!
    update us tomorrow on how much BETTER you are feeling..

Lisa,

Don't worry. Take a deep breath. Just think: Didn't you say that you felt
    similar to this a couple years ago with an SV? You didn't throw up then,
    right? This will probably be like that time. Try the tea, though. Ginger and
    mints and vitamins. Oh, Garlic as well. That, I'm told, will 'burn' just about
    anything out of you. When you're feeling well enough, maybe you can try
    some garlic toast or something. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Keep us updated and hang in there!

Hey Lisa!

Don't worry, the flu can make us feel pretty rotten, but v*ing is more a stomach related thing, so I think you can safely say you're in the clear. It's perfectly normal to have zero appetite, a fever, aches and all those other horrible things with a classic dose of the flu- you feel like you just want to curl up and die! But it's ok, because nothing bad is going to happen to you =] your body is just fighting it off, you're feeling so run down because your immune system is probably working it's butt off trying to help you get better again!

Don't worry about v*ing, it isn't going to happen - just concentrate on feeling better! Get loads of rest...if you feel too lousy to be awake, just sleep instead ^_^

Take it easy, sip some hot tea or something when you feel up to it, it will do you good!
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Sometimes we just get viruses that make us sick. It doesn't mean you will vomit, your body just has something invading it. You will be okay. Just relax and remember.. don't convince yourself you are going to do anything. Your mind has a lot to do with how you feel physically. Tell yourself that you will be okay and make yourself relax. There's something to be said for the quote "mind over matter". Let us know how you are feeling.
    \"This too shall pass\"

The fever is what made you shake, I would theorize. You get weak with a fever, and you can get chills, which make you shake. Loss of appetite also goes along with a fever. When your temperature is that high, you don't feel like eating, and it's very unappealing. You can just take it easy on what you eat and drink until the fever breaks.

I remember that I had a fever for three days, and the thought of food made me feel nauseated. In three days, I ate one piece of toast. The third day, I woke up and the fever was gone, and I went out with my sister and ate Ethiopian food.

In other words, this illness will pass, and all will be well.

Hey everyone!!!

Thanks for all the replies and support!!! You all were right - I didn't vomit and it was just the fever that was making me feel so absolutely disgusting. Now I just have a runny nose and a sore throat. My appetite is back - last night I had bbq steak, salad, potatoes, and of course cookies, for dessert!!! I hate that I get so bent out of shape over these things... Its stressful when you worry like that and its not healthy. If I could just remember next time how it feels then maybe I won't panic so hard.

Anyway, I'm off to work to repair a mistake that was made friday that I'm sure I"m going to get in trouble for. My boss put me in an incredibly bad position and she abused HER position to put me there. The whole ordeal screams conflict of interest and its shady. To make matters worse, she got me to sign off on it so my frickin signature is on 8 pages. She is not in until WEdnesday but the big boss will have this contract on her desk this morning. I don't want that going through with my name on it. And I'm sure once the big boss finds out whats going on she wont' sign off on it either. I hate to be a snitch, but I think if this gets out we'll all go down and I don't want my name ruined. My boss will kill me. No question.... I hope I am doing the right thing. I have talked to my family and they say that if I don't tell her whats going on, the outcome of that will be much worse than letting this file go through. What a mess. Happy Monday morning.

Thanks again everyone.........

Lisa