Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering how many of us are Anorexic from this disorder? Has there ever been a poll done? I dont expect anyone to feel they have to say, I was just wondering if it is a high percentage of us?

-Lisa

im anorexic because of this disorder.

its because, the phobia wen i was 11, stopped me from eatin, so i stayed at 5 stone for a long long time... then suddenly wen the phobia calmed down a little, i put on a stone (im now 6 stone) and because it was so sudden, i now feel REALLY fat.. and im really really tryin to take this weight off, despite me having a BMI of 15.4 and under 18.5 is considered underweight.

basically, im severely underweight, they said i had 5 yrs to live before i come severely ill... but, its not jhust that i psychologically DONT wanna put weight on, its also that i cant seem to do so either!!

but.. im tryin to get rid of this anorexic mind .... i went thru a stage wen i was very close to being bulimic ( i no wot ur thinking, but bulimia means u v* after meals!!) and yes, the ED nearly took over the phobia.. i was willing to v* after my meals if it was to keep me thin... but i was aware that v*ing after meals does NOT make u thin, infact it makes u put weight on... so i wasnt willing to try it.

instead, i exerciseed obsessively, which i dont do nemor.. i just restrict my intake of food now.. but not drastically.

im blabbing now, very sorry, lol.

Jen xxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Erm well I dont have an eating disorder at all - I love food lol. But I am naturally skinny, its just how iv been made. I'm about 8stone and cuz im 5"7 i look thin. I cant put on weight, however much I eat! Its so annoying.

I think that my interpretation of myself is like that of someone with anorexia but the other way around. I mean, i hate looking at myself in the mirror becuz I see myself incredibly frail and thin, but people say I dont look like that thin at all. It must be a kind of a distorted image of myself.

Rachel xxx

Rachelle: thats really interesting, just the other day i was saying to my friend " have u ever met someone who has BDD but the other way round?" and iv finally met someone [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

i dont think i have severe BDD, but i certainly dont see myself as thin as everyone else does.. they think i look ill (cheers) but i dont think i do... =|

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have an eating disorder in that I am afraid to eat for fear of being sick. I am too skinny, but I am not anorexic. I know I need to gain weight. I just wish I wasn't so afraid to eat. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Im not sure what 8 stone means??? We do pounds in US.

When I go long periods of time & not being "sick" i gain weight & look really healthy, but in the past month I have been sick either due to the flu or food poisening & im noticing my paranoia kicking in, i have been eating very small amounts of food, (just in case)....& im definately losing weight. In fact the reason I went to the mall yesterday was to buy a pair of smaller shorts, so im afraid i could become anorexic with this disorder, the older i get it seems the worsemy anxietygets.....

=(

-Lisa

i love food and am abit of a podger lol

jenneh-u ever tried weiht gain products? they are like milkshakes that make u gain weight in a healthy way and give u nutrients u need

I weigh 84 pounds. that about 6 stone in stones I think. I'm 5ft 6 tall. I am severly underweight but I know that i'm thin and I dont have a mind of an anorexic. I dont try to loose weight and dont think i'm bigger than I am. However I find it hard to put on weight. In fact I find it impossible to put on weight!! I eat enough, I do skip breckffast and tend to eat slightly smaller meals but I do snack on junk alot. But I cant eat that much wIt is probably because of the sresses in my life I guess!.ithout feeling full because I am small!!!

For a couple months before 7th grade, I barely ate anything and I became really sick and everything, but I don't think it was anorexia. It was because of the emet. There is a big difference between not eating because you're afraid to v* and not eating because you think you're heavy. My eating schedule is totally weird, though. Last month I started doing a food diary and one day I saw that I only ate 360 calories and still felt fine, so I felt really empowered and kept on going like that for about a week and a half. I finally started eating more when it became more of a hassle than anything, but there was this feeling of satisfaction. That's not anorexia either...and I"m just babbling now so I'll stop. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

360 calories is a very low intake... but im sure ur aware of that anyway... the thing what im worried about is... altho u all say ur not anorexic, ur strill gnna get the side-effects of anorexia because ur so underweight or starving ur body of food....

its so sad that one phobia can do so much damage...

Jen xxxx

MSN:

Izzybee! Your 84 lbs and 5'6"!? Thats crazy! If you ever get seriously sick your going to have to go to the hospital o.o you guys are all so thin!

I have to eat, if i do not eat enough i become very naseous, shaky, and dizzy. Its hypoglycemia i think. Soeating brings me less troubles than not eating does.I eat a much better diet then i did whenI was younger. Im just normal, not skinny i dont think. people say i look anorexic but they are tottaly whacko O.O I am not skinny, i am 5'4" and weigh 100-105 lbs. i havent been weighed for months. Maybe i would be thinner if i didnt get so sick by not eating. Maybe its a good thing that i get sick from not eating otherwise i might get into trouble. My dad tells me im to skinny though. ^_^ I dont think im anorexic, people have mistaken me for anorexic though. I dont really think im "fat" but i do stop myself from eating becuase i dont want to gain weight. who knows O.O

I often mistake the feeling of hunger for nausea though. Then i dont eat. But now, i think i will go get something to eat ^_^
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Heh, no worries! I'm not unhealthy. That was just kind of a short phase I went through. But other people here definitely seem severely underweight. That's dangerous! I hope you guys work on gaining some weight and being healthier!!
    No life is wasted; the only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.

Hmm, I've always been pretty small for my age group, but not anorexic.
    'tis too bad that emets are sometimes diagnosed with anorexia, but at
    least we wont get bulemia *shudder*
    -Anna

Emet is like the anti-bulemia. Before i knew what emet was i used to think it was anti-bulemia!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

missgoddess: my dad did try and get me to have those build up milkshake thingy-bob;s... but the problem is, i dont wanna put weight on, i wanna take it off... cos my mind is f*cked, lol.

but, the ONLY THING thats not causing me to be seriously anorexic is this emet.. because if i dont eat for long periods of time, i feel really sick.. so i have to eat eveyrday at strict times.. which means im not dramaticlly losing weight anymore..

lol, i love my mind, its amusing, i have battle going on in my head between anorexia, bulimia and emetophobia every single day lol.

its not funneh. oh well =P

Jen xxxxxxxx

MSN:

I was just wondering whether im considered to be underweight? Cuz my BMI is 18.5 so its kinda on the border. Does that mean that im actually normal - weight wise. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]Or am i classed as underweight? For those in the US/Canada - im about 115 pounds - 5"7.

Rachel xxx

Rachel, the statistics are that anyone under the BMI of 18.5 is considered underweight...

therefore, you basically are underweight because ur at the lowest end of healthy as u can possibly get...

basically, a bit more weight wont do u no harm =P

Jen xxx

MSN:

WOW..its amazing how small you guys are! Im not big by any means..I think Im average..I am about 5'3'' and i way between 115-120lbs...some days I wish I could loose just a little (like when I get on ethe scale and see 120lbs)..but msot days I am fine with my body.

I dont like to eat like i used to..but I know i have to..because if I dont I start feeling really sick...i get a headahce..and dizzy..and sometimes i get sick to my stomach..so i force myself to eat at least three meals a day!!

for those of you that are so skinny..please..work hard on eating..because if you dont...your body is going to give up becuse of lack of nutrients...and you dont wanna go through that!! Dont let emet keep you from being healthy !!
    And now I\'m glad I didn\'t know
    The way it all would end the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
    But I\'d of had to miss the dance
    Garth Brooks

Yikes! I don't know how you guys survive like that. I'm back on Weight Watchers myself, trying to shed the leftover winter blubber. On my first days of the diet, I was in agony because I didn't get to eat as much as I wanted. I can't skip a meal or I get extremely cranky, and shaky and weak.

That being said, I do panic after every meal, worrying if I'm going to get food poisoning or suddenly come down with a stomach bug. But even with the panicking, food tastes too good for me not to eat.

I've never dealt with this kind of thing before, so I'm afraid I don't have any good advice. It's kind of like talking to a brick wall to say to an anorexic, "Why don't you just eat?!"

Wow I am starting to have a complex now! My father is always saying that I can stand to lose some weight and I think he has a great fear that I will become fat because it is in my genes. He is always stopping me from eating things like bread, peanuts, etc and I am 21!! I am 5'8 and I weigh 130. Am I actually overweight then? I never really thought that I was but now I am starting to wonder....especially if my father thinks I am and compared to you guys I seem to be!

xxx Kats

kats: ur BMI = 19.8

A 'normal' BMI is 18.5 – 24.9

so ur not overweight!! at all... ur pretty much healthy .. ur not even on the heavy side of healthy.. so u gotz nothing to worry about [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Jen xxxx

MSN:

Kats; you have to realize that most of the people who have posted are TO THIN..

to me..you sound to be just right..LOL..I mean..im 5'3 and weight between 115 and 120 so if you are at least 5 inches taller then me it would make sence that you would weight about what you do!!

Dont fret about it..eat healthy..and exercize..so you wont become large and you will be A'OK!!
    Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Jenneh
    lol, i love my mind, its amusing, i have battle going on in my head between anorexia, bulimia and emetophobia every single day lol.

Jenneh Girl! Emet is enough for me, Im soooooo sorry you deal with all the other eating disorders too!!!!!!!

-Lisa

kats,

Your NOT OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!! Im sorry your dad makes you feel that way!

hey Lisa,

i will admit, its hard... and its why some days i will get so so so depressed... i rely on this anti-d's heavily to get me thru the day

but i have spent hours and hours and hours and HOURS sorting myself out... and im getting there, its just tking a while....

but now, weneva i meet someone withj any slight psychological problem i always urge them to seek help straight away... cause i didnt, and look where it got me? one thing manifested into about 10 others...

bleh &gt;.&lt;

Jen xxxx

MSN:

"It's kind of like talking to a brick wall to say to an anorexic, "Why don't you just eat?!" "

its not like talking to a brick wall.. as well as me being anorexic myself.. i have an anorexic friend... and thers 2 sides to her..

1.) the ana side

2.) HER.

i can tell wen im speaking to HER and wen im speaking to her anorexia.. wen u speak to HER u can say " just eat and dont think about it, u cn fight this anorexia! she will do it.

but if ur speaking to the ana side and u say that, she will rant and rave at you...

its lke, emet takes over us so much, and ana takes over other individuals so much... i find it fascinating stuff... but mayb thats just me...

Jen xxxx

MSN:

I weigh about 100lbs &amp; I'm 5'8"-5'9". I think it's even harder for
    a guy to be so thin because girls are "suppose" to be thin whereas guys
    are "suppose" to be big &amp; muscular. I always think no girl would
    want to be with me because I'm so thin. They wouldn't feel safe with
    me. And they definitely wouldn't be physically attracted to me.[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Edited by: calx

I agree Josh..it would be much harder for a guy to be skinny.

I have a friend who is about your size...and he feels the same way too..BUT he has such an amazing personality girls fall all over him!

I wouldnt fret over the girls..really..sure there are girls who want th big burly guys..but there are girls out there who like the smaller guys!

There is someone for everyone..so dont get down on yourself and think you dont stand a chance with the ladies ok???
    Garth Brooks

can i just say bmi is very dangerous...according to that most athletes are obese and brad pit is overweight!! im probably medically overweight but am very happy with my weight...i like being bigger and wudnt give up my food 4 anything...4 all the anorexic girls i hope things improve 4 u...i cant imagine wot it must b like but did go thru a period of problematic eating wen i was 6/7 as the dinnerladies at skool used to force u to eat all ur food...this gave me great anxiey aout food and i lost a lot of weightbut my mom helped me deal with things and sorted stuff out with skool eating...still took me until i was about 13 until i felt 100% 'ok' eating in a resturant as i thought the chef mite shout at me if i left sum food...i kno this is nothing like anorexia and as i sed i cant imagine how u feel

Thanks guys!!