Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Shopping

Ok, so I love to shop! Went today and splurged a bit - even bought a Vera Bradley purse in one of the new spring /summer patterns, yay! Ok, back to my topic, I get so grossed out when kids AND adults cough without covering their mouths, yuck! Don't pass your germs on to me! Ugh, just makes me want to live in a bubble...and put on hand sanitzer

Shopping usually very difficult for me. These giant stores, packed with people, some of them surely sick, miles to the nearest bathroom.The food court at themall sends me over the edge.

The bonus: think of all the money I save!

I think it's gross and rude. I hate it when people do that. I know that sometimes it's unexpected and they can't help it, but some people just don't care.
    xoxo Mel xoxo

If you love something,
    set if free,
    If it comes back to you,
    it is yours.
    If it does not,
    it was
    never meant to be.

I agree with the food court issue! My emet tends to keep me away from stores and shopping in the winter. I'll go to the mall about once or twice and to Target about twice a month. In the spring and summer, I definitely feel safer when I'm shopping. An emet's worst nightmare is during the holidays, especially before Christmas!!!

I remember i was buying a few tops in town and as the girl was folding my top and putting it in the bag she sneezed without covering her mouth or nose and instead sneezed onto my top twice! i had to wash all of the tops i bought just incase there were any germs on them! also when im in a packed crowded place while im shopping i tend to hold my breath, i cant help it all im thinking is that theres bound to be somebody ill around me!!!!
    x abbie x