Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My husband called me this morning from work to ask how my daughter and I were feeling. I said fine and wondered why. He proceeded to tell me that he felt pretty bad when he got up for work and had a little d*. Then he said that he v*ed a few times within a 2 hour period. I asked all kinds of questions and of course started to panic but went about my day not really worrying too much. I swear he has an ulcer or something because he gets d* a lot and just told me the other day that he v*s a few times a week. This has gone on for quite some time and he just will not go to the doc. Today he swears that it wasn't his normal episodes and that he felt really bad!

I don't know if it was an sv* or not because by lunch time he had normal food and was feeling fine except for a headache and he continued to work his entire day. Then he came home and ate dinner and even went out to his poker game with his buddies. It's now 1am and he's still not home but I'm panicing.

I prayed before I started to fall asleep that my daughter and I make it threw the night without v* or d*. About a half an hour after I fell asleep I woke up feeling pretty yucky. My stomach doesn't hurt much but it doesn't feel too well either and I feel kind of n*. Now I'm scared he really did have an sv* and now I'm getting it. Could he have had an sv* for 2 or 3 hours and then been totally fine for the rest of the day?Just in the past few days I've heard of several peoplewith this bug.Oh no, I'm so scared! And of course now it's the middle of the night and it's the worst time for this to happen.

no way when you have a sv you know its bad i have not heard of someone having a sv for 3 hours you get chills body aches fever theres no way you want to eat nothing that sounds bad though that your hubby vomits a few times a week for sure he needs a ultrasound and test thats not normal he needs to go to the doctor i wouldnt worry about yourself its nerves[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

yeah. the first thing that comes to MY mind is acid reflux...
    dont know too many people who v* a few times a week!
    please get him to the doctor.

Looks like it probably was an sv* afterall - my mother in law just called him this morning saying that she had the exact same thing and it was just that quick and then it was over. So it's only been 24 hours since he had it and now I'm just waiting to see if myself of my daughter catch it! UGH! I've had enough stress and anxiety in the past 3 weeks to last someone a year and now I have to deal with worrying about this.

My stomach is still off today but it could be nerves and pregnancy as well. I am just praying that the rest of the family doesn't get this and if we do I seriously hope it's as fast moving as what he and my mother in law had. Wish me luck!

That sounds really weird - not really like a sv. How is everyone doing now? My hubby used to get sick a lot, and he would always tell me that it felt different than the other times. It turned out he had h pylori and a hietal hyernia (I know I didn't spell that right!). In any case, I would definitely get him to a doctor soon. V* that often isn't normal. My hubby got cured by a two week course of really strong antibiotics. If your hubby has the same thing, his mom could actually have it too. My hubby was diagnosed with this about two years ago, but we just found out a couple months ago that both of his sisters have it as well. They are all cured now, but it kind of seems like a family thing. And people can have it and have absolutely no symptoms. I hope you are all doing well now!

I agree that it doesn't sound like a sv*. He would feel crappier for a longer period of time. Maybe your mil is like mine and hears of the latest illness and thinks she has it. My son was in the hospital with croup this past week and she came to see him, so she called me yesterday and asked what he was like when he started getting it because she thought she might be coming down with something[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img].

Does he drink by chance? Because if he does have an ulcer, drinking would make it worse and he'd be more prone to v*. My hubby used to v* a lot because he had an ulcer and couldn't drink at all. He takes prilosec now and it's much better.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Thanks very much ladies. I know he needs to go to the doctor like months ago - but he is so stubborn and hates docs and won't go! UGH! He makes me so mad. Actually my mil got it after he did and then my brother in law also got it. It seems to being the same for everyone, really quick, like 3-8 hours and then it's over and they feel fine. It's so weird.

I always thought that February was peak time for the sv* but I've heard of tons of people just in the last week that have this bug. UGH! I don't want this at all and now I'm really scared! Especially since hubby had some type of episode a little over 48 hours ago - now 2 of my co-workers and some other people I know too.

You can v and have d mainly with a duodenal ulcer, peptic ulcer can cause you to v also. I have a peptic ulcer and so glad I never v but did have some bad n a couple times due to eating the wrong kind of foods. He really needs to have an endoscopy done, if it ever bleeds he could be in a lot of trouble. Kim

I dont think he had an sv hon. I never heard of an sv that short in duration. if he's out playing cards then I doubt very much, I hope you are feeling better it may have been anxiety you awoke with. Kim

Thanks for the information Kim. I am almost positive that he has an ulcer or something else that is wrong with his stomach because of his symptoms and it totally pisses me off that he won't go to the doctor. I told him that if he doesn't want to go to the doctor then not to tell me about his symptoms because I don't want to know/worry about them if he refuses to do something about it.

His episode on Saturday morning had to be some sort of sv* though because his mom and brother in law both had the same exact thing within a few days of him.

Had he been in contact with them? Kim

Yes, he actually works right near his mom's house so he stops to see mommy almost on a daily basis. So he saw her on Friday and they both actually got sick on Saturday and then his brother in law with with his mom on Saturday and got sick on Sunday - all with the same symptoms and lasted just about 3-5 hours. Weird huh? But he also has another condition I'm sure, which needs to get taken care of.

Try and get him to the docs. Keep well and hope you are ok.

Let us know how you all are.

xxxxxx
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

It took a lot to get my hubby to the doctor too. He is so afraid of needles, that no matter what he is going in for, he won't go in case they need to give him a shot. The experience that got him in was horrible for both of us. He came home from work on a Sunday, after v* twice. He thought he just had a sv or fp. After two days, I took him to the ER because he was really dehydrated and they blamed it on fp. Two days after that, he was still v* day and night, so he went to his doctor and they told him it was just a sv. Then two days after that he told me that he had v* blood. Finally, they ran enough tests to figure out what was wrong with him. It was horrible for both of us - he felt horrible and my anxiety was through the roof. Before this, he would have problems for just a day or two at a time, always blaming them on something he ate or a sv. I would hate to see anyone else have to go through such a horrible experience. Good luck trying to get him in!

As far as this sv goes, I would think you would have had it by now if you were going to get it. It sounds like the incubation period was really short between his mom and his brother. I hope everyone is doing well now!

Hey Sillygirl, that is great information to know that I should share with my husband. He also hates needles and I think that has to do with why he won't go.It's funny because he always says to me that he'd rather v* for a week than get a shot.......I can't believe it because I'd get a shot or have blood work done every single day for a month as long as I didn't v*. I'll see what I can do to get him to the doctor ASAP because I'm sure that there is something else wrong with him. He is always complaining that his stomach hurts or he has bad heartburn or d* and v* a few times a week lately. UGH! Men - they drive me nuts!

I'm at work right now and my stomach is bothering me and I'm getting nervous. I have a little bit of a stomachache and I also feel a little n* and just plain yucky. It could just be because I'm pregnant because I have a lot of tummy problems during pregnancy but I'm now even more worried since so many people around me have had this sv*.

I know what you mean about the pregnancy yucks. I feel that way right now too. I haven't been hungry at all tonight, although I did try to eat a little bit, but it just made me feel worse. I hope it is just pregnancy related and not that I am catching something!

Actually, when my husband and I went in for my first appointment, he started worrying about whether or not they would need to take his blood for any of the tests. He was so funny! I thought he was going to just get up and walk out of the doctor's office in between when the nurse left and the doctor came in. I would much rather have a needle anyday!

How far along are you now? I am 21 weeks, and this part really feels like it is dragging. With all of the house stuff we are dealing with, time between doctor's appointments seems to be going a little faster. I'm still going every four weeks, but I have one in two weeks, then one four weeks from that, then I move into every other week. I'm so excited! It makes it seem like the baby might actually come sometime soon!

Congrats sillygirl? I will be 31 weeks tomorrow and I'm actually going to the doc today. Do you know what you are having? I already have an almost 6 year old daughter (which is not my husband's) and now we are going to have a boy so we're really excited! I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over, it seems like this last months has been dragging on and on.

My stomach has felt horrible the whole entire time so you would think I'd be used to it by now, but now yet Good Luck with everthing!

good luck with the boy after girl thing. they're different species...i have a daughter who will be 7 next month and a 16 month-old son, and all i can tell you is be prepared. it's like living with a very cute monkey.
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

I have to laugh at that comment e-lizabeth since I'm already prepared. My daughter was such a great baby and to this day is still very well behaved and I'm now prepared for a holy terror!!!! I have friends with boys and they are just so much more work. Thanks for the warning, I'm already starting to prepare myself! LOL

We are having a girl. I am so excited! It really didn't matter to me what we had, but I am secretly glad it is a girl. My husband has a five year old little brother who we have practically raised, so I kind of feel like we already had a boy. We are going to go register tonight! I can't wait! We are doing her room in Tinkerbell. I have already bought a bunch of fabric and we have the plans for how we are going to paint it. The problem is, our new house probably won't be finished until a couple of weeks after the baby is born. We are going to have to hustle and get her room ready since we won't have any prep time before she comes.

I'm afraid my last trimester is really going to drag. We close on the sale of our condo at the end of April, and our new house won't be ready until the end of July, so we are going to have to live with my mom until it is finished. That could be an extremely long three months!

How exciting! It sounds like you are on schedule and ready to go - now it's just time to wait. We just finished our nursery last week and I'm now just arranging odds and ends here and there.

The last trimester for me has def. been dragging, especially since I was just in a very bad car accident and then got a bad cold ontop of it and I'm just tired and uncomfortable.

Best of luck to you! I bet you can't wait until you are in your new house with your new baby and one big happy family!

do either of you have your names picked out?
    <font size=\"4\"><font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Times New Roman, Times, serif\">It can, and does, get better with time.</font></font></font>

The baby and the house are going to be really close. Realistically, I think the house will probably be done after the baby is born, but I hope not too much after. I am actually looking forward to having my maternity leave to help me unpack and get settled in the new house.

We are thinking about naming her Kayla, but we haven't settled on a middle name yet.

We have chosen Blake Allen for him. It's a name that me, my husband, and my daughter all agree on - it's actually the only one we agree on out of a possible 6 choices so that's what we have decided to go with. My daughter's names is Cahley Margaret and the middle name is the same as my mother's. This time we are including my father's middle name. I know I'm spoiled, it's has to be my way!

I love Kayla, that's a very pretty name.