Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: UTI?

UTI=Urinary Tract Infection

I'm not sure if this is what my problem is, but I'm really considering going to a doc. For the past few days I've had uncomfortable pressure in the middle of my lower abdomen (I take it to be where the bladder is?) and I'm wondering if its a UTI, but the thing is it doesn't burn when I go, and when I do go its not a tiny amount, but then again its not like a lot either. I thought though that you had to have burning to have one. The other odd thing is my husband said he has had this too the past few days, but his has gotten better (he normally has frequent urination probs anyway, but its from a genetic disorder he has, but it was definately worse for a couple days). Also its not like constant pressure, but it gets worse certain times of the day (later afternoon and evening), but I can sleep through the nite not much of a problem. I am confused...I just hate to rush to the doc and have it be nothing they know of and have wasted a couple hundred dollars or something (we don't have insurance), but of course if it is something then yeah definately go. Edited by: Galadriel

Is there an odor to your urine? Do you have back pain? Do you have a fever? Are you going frequently? You will eventually know eventually if you have one. They aren't contagious so you couldn't have "caught" it from your husband. It doesn't cost that much to have your urine dipped. If you have an understanding dr. you could just call him/her and explain you're thinking you might have one and they might send you directly to a lab.

In the meantime, drink a lot of cranberry juice or take cranberry tablets. Hope you're ok!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Thank you very much for your reply Paula!

I have been guzzling cranberry juice.

I don't have back pain or a fever, and my urine isn't unusual smelling or cloudy at all. I suppose if I do have one these things will show up sometime. I thought UTI because for the past several days (since like thursday) I've gotten in the evenings especially abdominal discomfort/pressure where I think my bladder is, and it gets to the point whereI have to go br just to relieve it some, and it comes back. The thing is when I do go its usually a good amount. Hmm...also it kind of comes and goes, like this morning I was pretty much fine, then it kicked in again this afternoon later.

I know my period should be coming here soon, I don't know if anything like this would happen around that time.

Its just I kind of have the one symptom, but the others aren't there, so I'm confused as to what the deal is.