Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Eeek

I'm scared that I'm sick. I have that full feeling in my stomach, combined with burning up into my esophagus.

Usually when I get panicked like this, my husband is here to distract me, but he's long since fallen asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake him up. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I'm hoping that it's just my ulcer-I had pizza at around 5, and it messed me up a bit. I'm feeling a bit diarrhea-y, but every time I go to the bathroom nothing happens, so that's definitely just my IBS. Now if only this burning and pressure in my chest would go away!

It might also be partially due to nerves-my husband has had weird stomach pain all day. I'm not worried that he's contagiously ill-if he was, he would have gotten sick by now. I'm just really worried about HIM.

I hate being an emet.
    It causes me to sit up late at night, when all I really want to be doing is sleeping upstairs, cuddling with my husband. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Katke,

It sounds to me that this is your ulcer acting up. Have you had any tea or
    mints? Trader Joe's has some lovely vanilla mints, btw. I recommend them
    to everyone.

So my advice is to take a deep breath and have a nice cuppa tea. Then see
    if you can snuggle with your husband. Maybe just being around him will
    help you relax.

Sounds like the ulcer to me too. Especially with the burning feeling!

if you have a burning feeling it's most definitely just your ulcer, maybe the acidity in the tomato sauce on the pizza made it a little worse. i hope you're feeling better. i know what it's like to be restless all night long because you're worrying. it sucks!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

After about an hour, I got that telltale backache-definitely my ulcer. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I've never been so happy to have back pain.

I'm getting a friend of mine who lives near a Trader Joe's to get me some of the vanilla mints-thanks for the tip!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

how does an ulcer feel when you have one?

my friend said it is a "dull ache"
    ...oftentimes i can get a very full burning feeling in my stomach..more around under my ribs.. feels like hunger.. but it can come immediately after eating

im not going to assume its anything..

i was just wondering what the typical symptoms of an ulcer are.

I cannot wait to get medical insurance so I can be tested for an ulcer. I know I have one - my stomach burns and churns and aches. Glad to hear it was just your ucler and not the SV! It is scary how we can be glad something else is wrong with us...
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.