Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am just wondering what you guys are hearing about sickness in your area. I think things are dying down here, but then I got an e-mail last night from a friend of mine whose wife had a baby last week. They got a "bad virus" as he said in his e-mail to me, while they were at the hospital having their baby!!!! As much as I hate them having this, I hope that they got it because maybe an expectant mom got hospitalized with one. Even still, I dont know why they would put a sick one on the same ward with the moms and babies. I would hope that no one would be stupid enough to come to work sick, or bring sick people to the hospital to visit a new baby/mom. The Womans wing is seperate from the hospital, they even have their own OR. Apparently some stupid person went to the OB unit sick. Could have even been a nurse, how awful!!!! I hope their baby stays well!!!!

I think things are still pretty bad here. I am in Maryland. Stella might be able to shed some light... Stella? Where are youuuuu?[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

things are pretty calm here in indiana.
    i had actuallyonly heard of onefamily coming down with the sv*..
    and that was in JAN.

but then again, maybe i dont "hear" much.

things seem pretty good on long island in new york. i do know of some people that are sick but no sv* breakouts!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Have only heard of one person getting it this winter in Idaho, my co-worker had it but it didn't spread to anyone else.

Definitely no outbreaks or anything dramatic like that.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I'm also in on Long Island, NY and things do seem ok here, my daughter's pre-k all had it last month and now everyone seems to be better, I haven't really heard anyone talking about it in the last week at least! *Hoping it is over*

Leigh....don't really know about around here...i hear a few stories every now and then.....but we never really know how much of it is going around...so your "person" in the hospital was infected...that sucks big time....and that's not good for all those new babies in there either....doesn't your friend know you are an emet? I guess not if he told you that story of the family getting sick....sorry...well hopefully they are better now. Are they home from the hospital yet?
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I'm in Arizona, and it's pretty quiet here, has been all winter actually.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Maryland is a sesspool right now. Goucher College is in the middle of an epidemic right now that has basically put the school at a stand still. The college is about five miles from my home. My daughter hasa field tripto the college to see a play on Thursda She ain't goin' - no way Jose!!!! I plan to tell her school because I don't want her class to be exposed and then drag the crud to her school for the sv to run rampant around her school. This epidemic is huge, so big, that it made newspaper and television new headlines. I am so sick of this crap, I could just spit nails. Colds, flu and other illnesses are so short-lived, but the sv is so darn hardy. It just continues..................

My son's best friend was out of school today. I am sure its due to the sv. What else could it be? I am so worried about him giving it to my son when he gets back. because this kid (as sweet as he is) loves to get up in my son's face all the time. My son's school goes out for spring break on Friday and I don't want sick kids. My daughter does not go out for break until April, when she is out for the last two weeks of that month. Hopefully, this s**t will be gone by then.

Stella

Yup yup, its been said already but NY is fine. Only some colds going around because of the strange weather. I've been so stressed this winter with schoolwork, I already went through two colds this season. Gosh, I wish Spring would come. lol
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

It is going around all of the schools where I live in North TX, but it has been going around since November. No major outbreaks on the news besides the "warning to parents about winter viruses". I haven't heard of any schools closing either... but the stomach flu is obviously out there. I see kids everyday who are complaining of V* and then just hope they can get home asap. It is really freaky... but my job exposes me to a lot of it.

I have caught EVERYTHING but strep and the SV so far this season.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In additional to sv's, there are also some nasty upper respiratory things with fevers going around. I know five people with them. I found out my son's friend has a high fever with stuffy nose and a cough. I can live with that.

Stella

Things here in Connecticut seemed to have died down considerably. The dreaded sv started after the xmas holiday and ran through the school into the end of January. I don't know how but my son didn't catch it (knock on wood). The janitor in the school said thats all he was doing for the month of Jan. was picking up you know what with kids who didn't make to the bathroom or nurses office.

My school district luckily sends home notices when diseases are at epidemic proportions or are highly contagious. The coxsackie virus went around in Sept. followed by a bout of conjunctitivits in Oct. Not to mention the number of head lice cases that seem to break out.

Warmer weather is coming, so I'm expecting a nasty cold to start going around soon.

We have had the respiratory thing!

Just what I wanted to hear...MARYLAND SESSPOOL!

I guess its been everywhere else and dying down...so hopefully it will be dying down here.

I don't think things are easing up here. I heard my boss say her husband was sick for 4 days! I cant wait till the sv season is over!

I live in VA and I am still hearing people talk about their kids having SV and stuff like that...but I work in an office with like 800+ people...doesnt seem like its quite over yet though. When SHOULD things begin to calm down?????

rasogommato - I live in VAas well and work in a large office. I still hear about people who have it, but maybe it's just because of the volume of people we know and work with?I hope! I know it was really bad here a few weeks ago (mid-Feb) so hopefully it's dying down. Yuck!

Totally - I'm in Richmond, what part of the state are you located in?

I'm in Blacksburg...only a few hours across the state!

I'm in the Chicago burbs and it seems like I wasn't hearing too much of it at my daughter's school until last week. Five or six kids from her class were out with it at various points during the week. I am hoping that with our three day weekend we had, it gave everyone time to be apart and for the germs to die in the classroom. The note came home from the nurse saying when you should keep your child home and when they can return to school. Another note from the principal came home yesterday reminding everyone to follow those rules since may kids were sick last week with fevers and "flu symptoms", whatever that means. We had snow this weekend and are expecting 60 degrees by next weekend. It will all be over soon! In the meantime, I'm just going about my normal routine with the purell in hand.

Chicago burbs?! Me, too! I'm in Park Ridge, what about you? We are planning a meeting (I think) here on March 19. Wanna come?

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Hello - I'm in Columbia, South carolina and they just closed a elementary school and day care thursday and friday of last week. They ran tests to see which virus it was and it is the Norwalk. Lovely! They said they cleaned the school and daycare totally over the weekend. Officials said that the reason it continued to spread like it did was from people not washing their hands and it continuing to get passed around over and over! We have been having BEAUTIFUL weather here! I just hope this mess goes away with the cold!

tshell

handwashing is the easiest, cheapest, healthiest, thing to do...
    And people dont do it..
    its incredible.
    and ANNOYING.

Mary, a meeting sounds fun. Unfortunately, the 19th is bad for me. We've got many family/friend birthday parties this month and that day is already booked. I'm in Lombard by the way. Not too far!

Oh, Lombard is close! I have a friend that teaches there! Do your kids go to Butterfield School by any chance?

Let's meet soon!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I agree! I don't understand why people don't wash their hands either. Who wants to get sick? Ew. When I see people or friends/family touch money, door knobs, etc and then touch food, it just makes me cringe. YUCK!!!! Dirty, very dirty.

Oh I know! BLECH! I have to close out the cash drawer everyday...I will NOT touch my face while doing that and I wash my hands immediately afterwords! If I go shopping I wash my hands after paying for my things too! I have to use Purell then BUT they still get washed. I watched a cashier lick her fingers to count out cash the other day! I got lightheaded it was so gross!!

tshell

tshell - You are just like me! I always watch for people doing that too! One time, I went to a bagel shop andI paid first and then the guy continuedtoasted my bagel WITHOUT WASHING HIS HANDS! Oh my gosh, that bagel went into the garbage SO fast. My ranking for cleaning my hands is the following: 1. wash - if there is a sink around, I scrub! 2. antibac handwipes 3. hand sanitizer

I'm sure I now own stock in the hand cleaning industry (Softsoap, Bath &amp; Body Works, Dial, etc)!

chally you and me both! I LOVE my Purell wipes! I try to NEVER be with out them! I even use them to wrap around the gas pump when I pump gas! I don't know who dug their nose/butt etc...before touching those things! UGH! I keep bottles of Purell in my purse and in my car! If I go somewhere and don't take my purse in, I have a small flat bottle of dial that goes into my pocket too!

I'm sorry but I hate being sick...ANY kinds of sick. I can deal with the colds etc...but I still don't want those either!

tshell

That's so funny! It's comforting to know that other people besides me have these crazy habits I will refuse to eat if I can't wash my hands, and I have sanitizer and wipes everywhere as well. I went to a weddinglastNovember and left my handwipes in thecar! Well, I excused myself from the table and ran out totet them! My friends know how I am and they find it hilarious.

Gas pumps are GROSS! I agree.