Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay, I'm REALLY having problems with this right now. My mouth is uber-sweet tasting and it never seems to go away. I have brushed my teeth, tried eating more carbs, you name it. I have been tested for Diabetes and the test came back negative.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmmm...okay this is a wild guess, and could possibly not even exist. However, do you think that your tastebuds could just be uber-sensitive to sweet things? And so you taste them constantly? This porbably doesn't even exist, but it's the only thing i could think of. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Maybe you could talk to a doctor? It could be nothing, but it also could be something minor, and that would put your mind to rest [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Good luck!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

The last doc I told this symptom to thought I was nuts after my blood sugar test came back okay.
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Seriously - NOTHING makes it go away. I can avoid candy, sweet drinks, and still it does nothing. The nausea it causes makes me physically sick.

Am I seriously the only one who suffers from this???
    FACEBOOK ME --

Purpleteacher, is it like a taste that never goes away and when you swallow you taste it and it makes you feel sick? Because if that's that I have that too. I dont know but its terrible when I fall asleep and then wake up. Even brushing my teeth doesn't make it go away and brushing my tongue only leviates it a bit. It was terrible last Monday for me. I felt sooo sick. I tried eating more and more things but the taste never goes away. It reminds me of this candy and I used to love it now I dont ever feel like eating it anymore.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

Quote Originally Posted by wing
    Purpleteacher, is it like a taste that never goes away and when you swallow you taste it and it makes you feel sick? Because if that's that I have that too. I dont know but its terrible when I fall asleep and then wake up. Even brushing my teeth doesn't make it go away and brushing my tongue only leviates it a bit. It was terrible last Monday for me. I felt sooo sick. I tried eating more and more things but the taste never goes away. It reminds me of this candy and I used to love it now I dont ever feel like eating it anymore.

EXACTLY! It tastes like I am always sucking on candy... My mouth salivates a ton and I am always having to swallow. Brushing my teeth doesn't help ANY at all --- in fact, it kinda makes it worse because mint tastes sweet to me. The worst part of it right now is that everything I eat or drink tastes sweet (including water), so I am having trouble drinking --- but I'm dying of thirst because nothing will make the taste go away.
    FACEBOOK ME --

What type of diabetic testing have you had? Have you had the 3 hours glucose testing with fasting? It really does sound like it blood sugar related.

They did a fasting glucose test at the doctor's office and they said I was fine. I am considering purchasing a blood sugar monitor to check my blood sugar at home. I am having other symptoms too that are bothersome, but I don't have insurance - so getting a doctor to believe me is kinda hard.
    FACEBOOK ME --

That sweet taste occurs when you are hyperglycemic, and that would be
    hard to miss if you did have diabetes. A decent blood sugar monitor is
    expensive.. not to mention the test strips are ridiculous. And I have a Rx for
    my test strips... so I'm not sure if you can even buy them... Ah. I'm no help!

Quote Originally Posted by reese
    That sweet taste occurs when you are hyperglycemic, and that would be
    hard to miss if you did have diabetes. A decent blood sugar monitor is
    expensive.. not to mention the test strips are ridiculous. And I have a Rx for
    my test strips... so I'm not sure if you can even buy them... Ah. I'm no help!

Yeah, that is what I discovered with some research today (both are over the counter and the stupid strips cost 1000x more than the monitor). I am really scared though because I have some of the symptoms of diabetes - but no health insurance.
    FACEBOOK ME --

When I read the title I must admit the firstthign that came to my mind wasdiabetes- I remember covering it in Biology recently when we learned about the pancreas, controls systems etc.

One key thing to look for with diabetes is when you urinate, you should be able to see glucose in the urine, as it spills out because there is too much in the blood. While it's most accurate to do this in a lab with proper sampling, a slightly less accurate way is just to have a look into the bowl, because apparently it's slightly visible.

I hope you find an answer, because I know how annoying it is when you can't figure out what's wrong with you! Good luck
    <font size=\"3\"><center> Help put us emets on the map-
    </font></center>

You can see it in the urine? Huh? Never heard of that... but I am going to get some ketone strips to check for ketones because I'm dieting. I won't look strange purchasing those at the store [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    FACEBOOK ME --