Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Im Scared

So the time has come already that my mother and her partner are going away on holiday abroad for a week,and im left here alone.

I do not deal with being alone very well at all and im REALLY scared to the point of tears as she will be away on thursday,I dont know how I am going to deal with this at all its going to end up putting me into worse depression that I feel like I am already in.

I dont have anyone else around here who I can turn to while she is away, I am begining to get a little freaked out at the fact of something happening while she is away.

Im sorry for this rant/vent im just not sure who else to turn to with this situation and find that the closer it is the worse im feeling..

I really wish there was someone around who understood ect but there isnt especially since she is going on holiday,I dont know how Im going to be able to deal with this.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Is there anybody, a close friend maybe, that could come and stay with you-even for a night or two?

We're all here for you if you need us.
    Edited by: sherbear

well you have this site always to go to if you start to freak out...and if it get sthat bad like super panic mode ( which it wont ) I will personally call you all the way from canada even though I barely know you an dit would cost me a fortune to calm you down! And I mean that... try and prepare yourself for situations...make sur eyou have anti emetics...see if your parents can rent you aTON of movies that are ones that are calming and fun and can get your mind off things so when it is nigth time an dyou rnervous you can watch them...Or even scope out the tv guide to see at all times if there are tv shows that help ( old sitcom reruns or something ) Eat foods you see as bein gmore safe and comfy for you...That is the best advice i can give, but I really think you will be fine!

((((((((((Carolee)))))))))

Now thats something I didnt expect thank you so much to the both of you for your replys *hugs*

I will probably rely on this site quite alot or more than I should when the time comes,not to long now..

Thank you so much again...

I will try all you sugested xx

You will be fine. Somebody will always be here if you need to talk. Think about it this way--if you're all alone there's no one to give you any viruses. Like Carolee said, rent some movies, do some fun stuff for yourself like paint your nails or give yourself a facial. Surprise your mom and have the spring cleaning done early lol. Do you play any games online? There are some game rooms (like on yahoo there's Pyramids Solitaire) where you can play online games and chat at the same time.

It will be ok! I would love a little alone time right now. Believe me, there will come a time in your life where you'll want some time alone! Try to enjoy it!

Hugs!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Im the opposite, not really good for my relationship, though!! I love to be alone with my weird thoughts and habits.

You can e-mail me if you want to talk [email protected] or you can have my mobile no if you wanna chat?!!!!

Laney xx

Hey Violet,

You know we are all here for you if you need us. Do you have IM? I have Yahoo, I would be more than happy to talk with you.

I will PM you my IM and email.

Take Care Sweetie,
    --Kim

I know how you feel. I hate to be alone. I won't even stay at home alone when my fiance is at work.

You always have us though!

Hey Violet, you'll be OK. It will be tough but it will give you confidence to manage on your own another time. And everyone on this site will be looking out for you, you know that. Any chance your gf could come up for a visit?

Hey guys so its this afternoon she leaves and im feeling really pretty upset kinda feel like crying actually.

Nope suze unfortunetly my gf has to work and cant come up now..

So ive got alot of cleaning I could be doing and well keeping myself well slept and healthy is going to be hard, this damn depression makes things so hard.

Im going to get my aunts number that I trust if I get ill I can call her but only in very big emergencys and she lives about 20miles away *Sighs

Sorry im just needing this vent,getting really scared now...

Dont know how im going to cope x

Violet.....i hope you get along ok while your parents are gone....i am sorry you are so upset about being alone. I hope that you can find a friend to talk to or spend some time with while they are away. You know we are all here for you if only through email, but we will be thinking of you and praying for you...take care[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Try to find someone to be with you- friend, cousin, aunt... is there anyone?

and you can send me private mes. if you want

i wish you luck!

Violet, like everyone said, just try to keep busy and you know we're all here for you. I'm sorry you're so upset about being alone too. At least you have your aunt to call and when you really think about it, 20 miles isn't really all that far away if you need her. Try to focus on the cleaning you need to do. Focus focus focus. Really throw yourself into it. Do you like to read? Maybe you could get into a good book. Watch some movies. Anything to pass the time. You will be fine. Keep telling yourself that and before you know it your mom will be back home. I've sent up prayers for you already. Take care and hang in there!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Kim
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7

Thank you everyone for your kind words..

About 15mins and then shes away on holiday,Im trying so hard to fight back the tears,and now my IBS is playing up I feel n* tired as ive only had about an hours sleep on the past 24hours and I just feel pretty rough and upset.

I feel like I have a mental block at the moment,like,I know theres things I can be doing once she has gone but I feel so s**t that I just dont think I want to move at all.

I sound like such a little girl here but I wish she wasnt going,my one person who if im ill is there for me,think Im going to need to be on here alot..

Why am I reacting to this like this,This isnt the first time she has been out the country,maybe my emet has progressed in such a way that its really at the fore front of my mind,thats probably why..

Another lonely night by myself,sound so pathetic,making me feel n* just thinking about it,I mean she goes away for weekends and atleast then she isnt 1000's of miles away..

Maybe if someone cold let me know how they deal with being apart from there mothers,I can txt her but it will cost an absolute fortune.

Im sorry guys I shouldnt be whining about this...

x

Violet, I wish I knew what to say to comfort you! My mom died of cancer when I was 19 (I'm 37) so I had no choice but to learn to be without her when I was way too young. The first time I ever had to live on my own was when my ex left me and our son when he was 18 months old for another woman. I was SO scared to be alone with a baby. I was nervous about being alone but the scariest part for me was being with the baby. What if he got sick and I had to handle it on my own?? What if something happened to me and no one was there to take care of him? What if I got sick? Anyway, I thought of all the what ifs and even went so far as to have my sisters call me every morning for awhile to be sure that I was ok. I lived on my own fora little over a year before I got remarried. I had some rough moments but I also realized that I WAS OK. My husband goes out of town a couple of times a year and I do get nervous when he's gone and play the what if game some but he calls me every day and I AM OK. YOU WILL BE OK TOO!!!
    Keep the faith!
    Philippians 4:6-7