Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Weird Reaction

So I woke up suddenly at 3AM lastnight feeling super n*.. I sat up in bed, and then I dug my fingernails into my arm and raked them down my arm.. Didnt even know I was going to do something like that. The only thing I can figure is that I was trying to cover up the n* with pain?? Anyone else ever done something like this? It was sooooo weird...

--Kim

I have pinched myself really hard before as a distraction. I pinch parts of my body that hurt like bloody hell!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sort of...one time I was so nervous that I clenched my hands, and when I took them away I had nail marks on my palms for about half an hour. I've also pulled my hair.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i rub my eyes really hard when i don't feel well. also, if you take your thumb and apply pressure to your inner wrist and the very bottom of your forearm, it relieves n*!
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Yeah I do similar things to take away the feeling. You feeling ok now?

I used to do that exact same thing when I had HORRIBLE menstrual cramps. I thought maybe different pain would distract me from that pain somehow? Maybe that's why you did it, as a distraction?

Hope you feel better,

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by blondie90
    i rub my eyes really hard when i don't feel well. also, if you take your thumb and apply pressure to your inner wrist and the very bottom of your forearm, it relieves n*!

I rub my eyes too!!! Weird. I also pinch myself or dig my nails into my arm.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

Yeah, I am much better today. I know it was just stress, family stuff.. It always catches up with my when I am sleeping. I guess I am less protected then.

I am happy to see I am not alone, it freaked me out a little. Thanks for all the replies!
    --Kim