Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys, everytime I've had a sickness that has made me v*, which is 3 times, it's been food poisoning. Yet I notice an un-written symptom. I can feel extremely sick and not worry yet whenI had FP, I would burp and this horrific taste of sulphur/burnt popcorn would flow over my tongue. Believe me, it's like Jesus-tapdancing-Christ-horrific. Anyone else EVER got this? Even unnaccompanied by v*?

I had this once when I was young. I v* twice. I had it again after I developed emet and didn't v*. My husband complained of this last summer (yep, must be, look at my date of joining here that's what prompted me) and he v* and was certain it was food poisoning. I have no idea if the two times I had that as a kid was food poisoning or a sv.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

I've never had that so Im kinda useless on this topic. I can't burp.
    <font color=MAGENTA><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"1\">Courage doesn’t always roar sometimes it’s the little voice at the end of the night saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’</font></font></font>

Yea usually this happens when Im really really hungry and my stomach acid goes up my throat when i burp and it juss burns.......itd not a plesant taste but it doesnt bother me.. its juss disgusting lol.

-vee
    Joined in 2006. For all those that have helped me I hope I can offer some help for those who seek it now.

Hey Jay Rough,

I know what you're talking about. The nasty "acidic" (sulphur-tasting) burps... I guess it's a warning like: "Watch out... you're in for something you're not going to like". Anyway, I had them a number of times. I was told they are a result of indigestion (out of over-eating or eating stuff in a real bad combination) and I was given antacids to cure them. After a spoonful/tablet of this antacid, I would be okay within an hour or two. Or I just had to keep walking around the house to try and digest the stuff that refused to pass through the intestines. But everytime I ignored these funny-tasting burps, I ended up blowing chunks or almost. Eventually, I began to take them as a warning.

In my case, it was just indigestion.

Hope this answers your question.

I read in your other post about the feeling of having to burb but not being able to.I know that feeling, but it's been a while (knock on wood) so I don't remember the sulphur part, and I hope I never have to remember that part!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Ham crisp, thats really strange becos I cant burp either!!!

My whole family do and I just dont.

I never really thought about it until you said that!!!

Mind you its not very nice when people do anyway, Im always scared they will v*

Laney [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I don't burp either! i have little bubble ups though

I don't burp "normally" - air just slides up and I can't control it, which can be embarrassing...

In terms of nasty tasting burps, I get them on an empty stomach a lot. I have really bad acid reflux.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmm interesting. I only ever get them when I get v* sick, even though I'mget reflux and indigestion quite a bit too yet never really had much of a problem with it. Still, it's a handy factor for me, every time I feel extremely nauseas, I burp, if it doesn't make me bellow "YUK!" I get a wave of relief knowing it's only worry or "imaginative" nausea.

I've been studying it for a long time. It turns out that it's a common symptom of Gastroenteritis (AKA "Stomach flu") which is where I first learnt that even some of the deeper intestine contents can be shoved back up into the stomach. Basically, the food might not go back up to the stomach whereas what I call "gut gases" move up, therefore causing the foul part.

^^^We might be referring to different types of "yucky" burps then. I know I have some nasty tasting ones that are very sour and "eggy", but I don't V* after them (at least not yet).
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --

I have weird sulfuric burps like all the time, but then again I suffer from Acid Reflux...terrible acid reflux and other stomach issues like a hiatal hernia. I hiatal hernia is basically when part of your stomach pushes up into your esophogus and it brings unwanted things like food with it. I've never V*ed from this *Knock on wood* but I've FEEL like I COULD V* about 100 times a day. Not N* or anything but food will violently come up my throat and I have to swallow it back down. Hopefully it'll never come back out...at least if I have something to do with it!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Oh dear, that doesn't sound too good. Then again, a very unfortunate girlat my school, whothrew up during roll calland left feeling ill. She had contracted Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, which, caused v*'ing for no reason due to a factor that altered something in her brain.

A hiatal hernia? Dear me that sounds bad. Will it go away over time?

i don't burp either! i wonder if it's an emet thing? my family thinks i'm crazy because i can drink soda after soda and never ever burp! weird
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Burping rarely has anything to do with emet or v*ing. The only thing that can relate the two is that if you burp lots (and I mean like 7 times in 10 seconds) the chances are you can force a bit of v* + food up. I do it a lot, it's nothing close to scary though :P. The other thing is that when you throw up, you burp a bit because your stomach is sponging as much of its contents out as possible.

Apart from that, I could burp the alphabet.
    Oh guys, today, I tested my emet to see how strong I was. Emets generally can fight off nausea and are EXCELLENT at fighting against the need to vomit unless its alchohol induced or food poisoning/ipecac. But I sculled a WHOLE carton of Iced Coffee and REALLY felt + knew I was going to hurl (As all do). But I sat on the can for like 10 mins fighting REALLY hard against it. I got one hell of a belly ache but I didn't chuck. How "wow". A whole carton.

I can't burp either-I also get the little "bubbles" that come up. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Yeah? I can burp, but only sometimes. If it's after drinking coke or soda, it makes little bubbles come up.

I had that Jay, remember?

Yes I do. You get it when you're sick too only don't you?

Yah justlike you. except I get it sometimes with colds or flu.
    Bringing up the subject every day.

ummm I just had 2 gross burps! I feel fine, but like, I felt a little bit of a burp and a bad taste... the first time I didn't care because I get those sometimes... but I just got my second! I don't know why... well all I've had to eat today was 3 nutrition bars and a coffee, so maybe that has something to do with it? But now I don't want to eat V_V are we talking about the same types of burps? I felt like a bad taste in the back of my throat, but I swallowed and it went away....

when I get that taste, it rolls over my tongue, it tastes like sulphur / burnt popcorn like jay said. To get the taste, eat cheese crackers and drink lemonade.
    Bringing up the subject every day.

Can't burp either [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I never had the sulfur burp that I can remember. But one of the last times I ever v* (maybe 6 or 7), I had a funny, Cheerios tasting burp, even though I had not eaten Cheerios that day or anything. I just kept burping this nasty taste and got sick an hour or so later. Weird. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]