Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Wow! I did it!

I've been coming here for quite a while now, on and off...I mainly read other peoples posts, don't post so much myself but anyways....

The other night I started feeling really sick all of a sudden (quite often I think I feel sick but I just knew this was different). When I got home I did all my usual"comfort" things but still felt REALLY bad. To cut a long story short at about 4am I eventually v*! I couldn't believe it...I haven't been sick since I was 8 years old and I will be turning 22 on Friday. The weird thing was...it wasn't actually all that bad. Don't get me wrong, it's not a nice thing to do but the fear, anxiety and anticipation are the worst parts of it, I think. I was really proud of how I got on with it...never, ever thought I could do it but I didn't panic at all! It was like...I knew I had to do it. I felt pretty bad all day yesterday (shivery, headache etc) but woke up today feeling much better. I wasn't sick all day yesterday and haven't been today...does anyone think I should be safe to try to eat something anytime soon? If so, what should I try? I am thinking that it was a sv that I had....but would it have passed so quickly?

Would be greatful for any thoughts or advice!

x

Congrats! That is a big accomplishment. I hope I will get to that point someday soon. I am tired of fearing.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wow kirstin thats awesome!! so happy for u atm i feel awful[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] realy sick... i just wish we didnt hav to go through all of this fear... if ur not feeling very nauseous anymore u shud definately eat something... try toast (definately not burnt toast! its the worst for nausea) and some vegemite if u hav that in the uk?? cut up an apple or eat a banana... dont put butter on ur toast as its fatty and can upset ur stomach if it is still a lil touchy... bananas are great cos theyre so easy for ur body to digest... stay away from anything dairy and any stimulants especially caffeine... lemonade or ginger ale are excellent, ginger or mint tea, and minties are great. if ur stil feeling nauseous, sometimes eating makes u feel better, if ur not too scared to try. but i very VERY much doubt ul v* again after not v* for two days... u will be fine... im so proud of u!!! u handled it well, well done[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    stef - everything happens for a reason

Hi...I'm new to the group nice to meet you. Im sorry you got sick but am happy to hear you survived and handles it with such ease. Sounds like you may have had an sv, chills headache Ive read goes along with it. have you been near anyone with it? I would suggest for starters eting toast with nothing on it, maybe a little apple sauce later today. Did you have any d? Everyone I know thats had it has had both v and d, but wo knows. Im glad you're better. Kim

Wow, you are very brave!! That is a great accomplishment. Do you think it has helped your fear at all? As for eating, I would eat lightly for today, and see how it sits in your stomach. I don't think you will v* anymore, but you stomach is probably still iffy. I would eat things like crackers, toast, broth and lots of liquids. Feel better!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow!! Well done - you did amazingly well.

I think you'll be safe to eat something like toast (perhaps a little butter/marg if you feel ok with that) ordry crackers. I know you may not feel like it but banana is good for bad stomachs cos it has a binding effect.

Keep drink lots of water and feeling proud of yourself.

I think for those of us who have not V*d in a long time it is almost the fear of the unknown. but like you said - it is the pre-v* worry of will it happen/won't it happen that is the worst.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

do you know how you got it?
    whatever you had?
    seemed to be very short lived which is great.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Yep, I had d* as well....not pleasant lol! My stomach is still kind of funny but I think it is more a sort of empty feeling now....I managed two pieces of toast about 4 hours ago which seems to be ok! I really can't believe I did it! As far as helping my fear goes, I don't know....it was very strange....at the time I wasn't bothered at all....now though, I just feel the same as I always did about v* but I guess no one exactly LIKES it. I am hoping that it will help me a little now that I know what actual nausea feels like and will be able to differentiate between that and the panicky feeling I get a lot of the time. As for where I got it...well, the dreaded sv is kind of everywhere where I am at the moment, I also work in a pizza hut part time (am a student) so could have been from anyone! Pesky kids, lol!

Hope everyone is well!

x

One more question...I have not been at work the past two days (obviously, lol) but do you think I should go back 2m? Or give it a wee bit more time? It's my birthday on Friday so really want to be fully recovered for that!

I'm a little late with this, but... Congratulations, Kirstin! While that's not
    pleasant, that's wonderful that you were able to throw up without stress.
    I'm sorry that you're starting to get your old fears back, but yes,
    remember what it felt like. Not so you can dwell on it and worry more, but
    so you can better reason with yourself when you're feeling not-so-well
    the next time.

As for work, I'd stay home at least one more day. Just to make sure you're
    rested up. I know it can be rough to miss so much work, but I think that
    you probably need it. Plus, you wouldn't want to get anyone else sick. Just
    in case.

Feel better and... Happy birthday early!

NOOOOOOOOOO. do NOT go back to work. the department of federal norovirus transmission says NO NO. tell your boss that. you really shouldnt though. the three days after you are sick are the most vital chances of spreading something to someone else. stop the plague!