Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey all... was just wondering does anyone else sometimes get nauseous after sex? i occasionally do, but this time it is realy bad... it was some of the most awesome sex iv had lol (sorry to be so open) n now im feeling realy REALY nauseous... is it just bcos during sex ur body goes into 'overdrive' i guess u cud call it wit the pleasure (ok, i guess im referring more to orgasm here)... and its just all a lil shaken up and shocked??? i dont know wot to think about it but am i a freak?? or does anyone else get this too?? and why?? i love my boyfriend and i love sex wit him but i dread the feeling that comes afterwards [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    stef - everything happens for a reason

Actually, yes. I find that if I have a REALLY great orgasm, I often feel nauseous afterwards. I think it is a hormone thing, actually...

Hope you feel better,

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

:::blushes:::
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I usually feel hungry after sex lol but sometimes nauseous a little too
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Well this is cheerful news! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

What are emets just allowed no pleasure?

Maybe it's because you get over-heated? You know that n* feeling you can get if the thermostat's set too high or if you've been out in the sun too long? LOL maybe lower your thermostat before? Put a fan on? Pour gatorade on yourselves after? Hee hee like you just won the big game or something...
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

being over heated, maybe a little dizzy and disoreientated for eh some activiteys lol..

Orgasms bring a rush of endophins (sp) happy feelings and sometimes out of the blue,but eh how do I put this,heavy breathing and panting can result in dizziness then n* which are quite normal.

Hope that this emproves [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

xVx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG! I'm glad someones picked up on this subject! I get very n* after sex too! It's got to the point where i'm putting it off because of this. I've also noticed that for about 2 days after I get stomach pains (muscular) &amp; d* &amp; it's awful! I am convinced I have an sv* when it happens &amp; panic more.. but now I will relax knowing more people experience the same thing

I don't get the nausea but SM you're the first one who has said anything about D* which I DO get after orgasm, not right after (thank god haha) but like the next day. It's worth it though. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]Muscle pains etc are easy to deal with. Seriously I mostly just get really hungry haha am I the only one?
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Are you sure that it's a nauseous feeling? Maybe it's one of those cases of getting stomach feelings confused.

Um I get sick too. Its never been really bad. But I changed my eating patterns. I tried making sure I ate something basic and dry like toast and drank some water. I had the same feeling. Its just the stupid nausea. I tried having stomach relaxant tablets and it didn't do much, so i guess its in my head. I don't know if this is related, but I cant use the bathroom for 20 mins after sex. Maybe all the organs sort of slack off for a bit and if you got food in your tummy, it just sits there and for some reason makes you feel a little nauseas.

Maybe you could see a pyschiatrist (I dont know if i spelt that right). I hope it clears up (hugs)

xoxo

-Amy

Am I the ONLY person on this board that doesn't have sexual partner? Man now I'm all depressed...any of you girls want to be my girlfriend? LoL!

Anyway Sometimes I get N* after Orgasms (Self induced orgasms...I'm such a loser) Anyway they usually have to be pretty powerful orgasms for that to happen to me but it's not unheard of. Usually after I have an orgasm the first thing I want is a cigarette...LoL! Yes that's a stereotype but that's just how I feel.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I got one, but havent done anything with him yet because we're both under 18 and my parents would hit the roof if i got pregnant or found out we did it. whats wrong with self-induced, you can do anything you want.

Sorry for being so open.
    Bringing up the subject every day.

Um I get sick too. Its never been really bad. But I changed my
    eating patterns. I tried making sure I ate something basic and dry like
    toast and drank some water. I had the same feeling. Its just the stupid
    nausea. I tried having stomach relaxant tablets and it didn't do much,
    so i guess its in my head. I don't know if this is related, but I cant
    use the bathroom for 20 mins after sex. Maybe all the organs sort of
    slack off for a bit and if you got food in your tummy, it just sits
    there and for some reason makes you feel a little nauseas.
    Maybe you could see a pyschiatrist (I dont know if i spelt that right). I hope it clears up (hugs)
    xoxo
    -Amy
    Anyone want to shed some light on this?

</span>I got one, but havent done anything with him yet because we're both
    under 18 and my parents would hit the roof if i got pregnant or found
    out we did it. whats wrong with self-induced, you can do anything you
    want.
    Sorry for being so open.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

I'm a virgin, never orgasmed... what's the n* like (I used to run track, I would get sort of n* after a hard run, but it was like a tired, worn out n* I can deal with that lol..) do you guys seriously get really n*? Lol this thread is making me want to not have sex, I should come here when I need to remind myself to wait....

*giggling*

I think I get the most n* after active sex. The kind where your tummy is
    being shook up a lot -- especially after a meal or an alcoholic beverage (the
    times when it tends to happen most). I never really thought about it until
    now. hmmmm... interesting

Amy maybe you talked a little too much. The first post of reassurance if any was enough but no need to go further.

By the way Stef, I hope something comes up that can clear up the issue for you. Try searching on the net (a lot) sometimes you won't find much at first then you suddenly come across a page with EVERYTHING exactly the same as what you feel.

-Best of luck, peace and love

-Jay

samara's on tv: </span>No you aren't
    the only one. That's why I said that hearing that people get nauseated
    after sex isn't exactly good news because I do want to have a partner
    sometime in the future, but getting n* afterward isn't something to
    look forward to! lol

Edited by: chicajojobe

I dont think anyone should apologise for being open. I met the most amazing girl and since then I feel like I can be more open about sex and other stuff and it's this whole other side to me ya know? There is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. And don't be worried about getting nauseated, because it may or may not happen to you and if it does, well you know what caused it lol

I tend to need to pee more than anything else after sex[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]heehee!
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Well, a possible medical type of explanation might be that during sexual arousal, blood rushes to the genitals and away from other organs. So possibly, if you've had a big meal, the blood moving away from the stomach could maybe cause some sick feelings. Or maybe as Mary said, there could be something hormonal going on.

But I really feel skeptical that whatever people are describing is actually nausea. Let's think about this for a bit. If we posted this question on a forum about say, (just picking something) life in New York City, how many people on such a forum (i.e. non-emets)do you think would say that they felt nauseated after sex? I think that it would be none or next to none.

I think that it could be a case of emets. paying so much attention to their stomachs that feelings that aren't nausea get interpreted as nausea.

For those who haven't had sex yet, please don't worry because I just don't think that nausea after sex is a common occurrence. I really don't mean to sound offensive to the people who say that they experience nausea after sex. I'm sure that you're experiencing some kind of feeling in or around the stomach, but I think that you may be mislabeling it as nausea. Edited by: japa

Monica,

No, you are not the only one. Maybe we ought to have an emet singles board.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

whats wrong with self-induced, you can do anything you want.

Sorry for being so open.

-Amy

OT: Well, I know that you're urophilian + podophilian. Urophilians are known to have trouble urinating/defecating after sex.

Although you've complained to me about that before. Also, you can be a "little" open about Offtopic but just don't go over the limit.

why would you sign you rname amy jay?

OMFG guys, really I'm sorry, I was really tired and drunk, I spoke what was on my mind.

Jay you didn't have to tell them I'm urophilian!Edited by: emi_rosu
    Bringing up the subject every day.

I get a little nauseous after sex- but I usually attribute it to the fact that my boyfriend and I are very VERY active in bed, which usually means I get jostled around a bit. I get motionsickness! It never gets to an unbearable or unmanageable point- I don't feel as though I am in any danger of being sick.

That, and the pleasure of sex definitely outweighs this minor inconvenience [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have some blood pressure issues as well, which means that after a particularly good romp I can be a bit shakey. I have actually passed out after sex TWICE- once in the shower....my poor boyfriend at the time thought he would have to call an ambulance! After the second time it happened, I realized that the standing up positions probably aren't a good option for me. You live, you learn.

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

Sorry, jay, but this is too funny. You're cautioning your girlfriend not to be too open and then you reveal her fetishes to the forum members??

I'm a bit confused to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_rough

whats wrong with self-induced, you can do anything you want.

Sorry for being so open.

-Amy

OT: Well, I know that you're urophilian + podophilian. Urophilians are known to have trouble urinating/defecating after sex.

Although you've complained to me about that before. Also, you can be a "little" open about Offtopic but just don't go over the limit.

That's what makes it so funny it's just our sense of humour. Even if it is true. Although Amy could state anything wrong with me anytime. If she can find something.

Also, Carolee - "why would you sign you rname amy jay?"

I didn't, I put the -Amy there as a quote to represent that she wrote all above it.

Yeah, this seems a bit odd to me. But, as curious as I am, I had to google urophilia and podophilia. I figured out urophilia, but what is the other one? I am hoping you didn't mean to say pedophilia!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I think podophilia is foot fetish. Urophilia brings 'golden shower' to my mind LOL.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]