Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, Ive never used forums before so if its in the wrong category or something, sorry. I just wanted to talk about what Jay is like towards me when i get ill/ think im ill.

Jay tends to be really supportive towards me, but being an emetophobiac himself, he went off and studied every possible thing that can make someone be physically sick. He has lots of suggestions (lots of them work) like when I start getting nervous because someone chucks on our bus, and i breathe it in accidently i get shaky and scared, when we get back, he shuts the curtains, puts on some relaxing music and gets me to lie down.

I may watch too many movies, but he rubs my feet or back/neck. Usually I shut my eyes and once, i fell asleep, either way within 20 minutes i forget about it. He told me that if you are nauseated for more than 20-45 mins, thats when something could be wrong as the stomach empties every 20-45 mins. Otherwise, if that doesn't work, he suggests using the bathroom because "if your bowel is empty, the stomach will push food down there and it goes through faster".

Anyone ever heard of such a nice guy? [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Also, umm, I know this sounds weird, but if you feel really nauseas, and are trying to #2 really hard, it makes you feel like you're going to throw up?

Thanks xox

Amy

You forgot the medicine approach. Sometimes I bring stomach muscle relaxants over. That helps. If in strong doses, itcan stop ipecac from working [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img].You remember me giving you a bladder relaxant as well as a stomach relaxant in a strong dose once for a joke before bed?

LOL - you guys are lucky to have each other.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip