Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone, I didn't think I would be writing this but my little 4 year old (whose birthday is today, 7th) woke up at 1 am with v* and lots of d*. At first I panicked, but then I tried really hard not to freak out. Of course, I couldn't leave my bedroom and my hubby took care of him. I felt really sorry for the little guy. I always think he is suffering when sick. Anyway, I slept very little and my hubby slept in my son's room. The last time he got sick was 4am and it is now 3pm. Still d* though. Now comes the waiting to see if anyone else gets it. I HATE this part. Wish me luck and thank you for listening...</font>

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope your little boy is soon better. Hopefully nobody else will get it. The waiting is almost as hard as when it actually happens. Good luck, I really hope you stay well and your little boy makes a quick recovery. Poor little thing being poorly on his birthday.

Hope he feels better very soon, poor little chap. You take care as well and keep well. Let us know how he is very soon.

Big hugs
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

So sorry Andee...that is sad especially on his little bday.... I hope that he will get over this soon and no one else catches it...try giving him alittle gatorade to help him....i hope it all works out...take care.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

It sounds like rotavirus. Rotavirus has more D than V. Your son is in the age group for it.

Stella

I hope your son feels better soon. I'm thinking of you during this anxious wait. I hope you don't get it - if you do you may get it in a mild form - sv's can affect people differently.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

Awwwhhh... thank goodness for a considerate hubby. Just disinfect and disinfect and you should be fine (hopefully). Does sound like rotavirus though - especially considering his age.
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi All,
    We are surviving. He seems better, less d* and no more v*. He had toast this am and a banana just now, it's 11:30am. Although last night he turned red with fever of 102. I called and spoke to a nurse. She says 50% of her calls have been for this stubborn bug. It can last a week!! And sometimes it rebounds, just when you think they are better.... also she says adults are getting it too. Not a pretty picture she painted, so I have been Lysoling and washing everything. I am praying we will all stay healthy, and keeping my head screwed on straight. Thank you all.....

How is your son doing now? The way you kept so calm is excellent, pat yourself on the back!!!

Yes, I agree with Stella, sounds like rotovirus. The good news is many adults don't get it and those who dodon't v* like a child would.My older son had it when he was 2--he just v* the one time and had d* for 8 days. Just make sure to watch his little bottom. When my son had it he got so red on his butt and even had a little area that opened and bled . I'm assuming your son is potty trained, but his little anus could get like this. If it does, make him some Magic Bottom Paint: equal parts maalox or mylanta, lotrimin af (yeast loooovvveee to grow in bottom rashes), and desitin. My younger son was just in the hospital with a respiratory virus and I heard the nurses talking about this mixture--they swear by it on the peds unit. I always kept it in a babyfood jar.

I hope he feels better soon!! And I hope you stay well--physically and mentally!!
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Aww I feel so sorry for him having that on his bday. I had Salmonella 2 days before X-mas and that sucked.

His symptoms matched mine on what I will now call S-day (Salmonella day for myself). The "usual". It is a good sign that the V* stopped, generally it will have stopped completely for the duration remaining of the illness. If there is bacteria or a virus, it sounds like it has evacuated the stomach and headed through the colon, which isn't that bad.

Ensure the little fella drinks plenty of water and get's plenty of rest. If he eats, make sure it's stuff that goes gentle on the stomach (such as toast as you mentioned).

As mentioned above, pat yourself on the back for keeping calm and give your son my best wishes on recovering.

-Jay

andee how are you doing?

Hi All,
    So far so good, although he did run a fever pretty high also. But Motrin seemed to do the trick. It has been three days and I am hoping to see the clearing soon. He has maybe one or two d* now, not very much. Thanks again for all your replies and concern..... [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]