Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

The Baltimore area has been really hit with the sv. Yesterday, my son's best friend was out sick. Of course, with what? So what does his mother do? She sends him to school today!!!!!! He still had a fever!!!! She told him he had to go, because she had tennis today!!!!! This little boy is sweet, but is very much a "close talker." Despite my son trying hard to move away, this boy had to be up in my son's face all day.

Needless to say, I had some choice words for her. Her response? "I had to stay home all day yesterday. I wanted him in school today." You don't want to know what I said next. It wasn't pretty.

So now we wait. With spring break in two days, this is just what we need. Also my son just stopped taking antibiotics yesterday after being sick for three solid weeks.

Stella

OMG!! How can people do that! Imagine how awful her son would feel if he was ill at school (that would have been one of my owrse nightmares when I was younger). She'd feel pretty cr@ppy too if he had to come homeas the school would not want him there. I was always off school for 3 days when I was ill...that may be why I consider 3 days the "danger" zone and after that it's safe.

Guernsey was hit with a really bad sv over the winter - almost everybody got it. It was nasty. Luckily I managed to escape with mild d*.

I hope that you and your family remain healthy.
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

This is terrible. Why do parents return there children to school sick just so they can carry on with their plans? There was a mum at my daughters school who sent her son to school sick just so she could go to the gym and I think this is so wrong. I am much too shy and timid to say anything to these parents but I think you have every right to feel annoyed and you are definately NOT being a b***h. You just want to protect your son. Hopefully the antibiotics will help boost your sons immune system. I really hope your son stays well. Good luck!

I think sending your child to school with a fever is just plain neglect. You don't send a child to sick with something contagious!
    I\'m always a shade of purple...
    FACEBOOK ME --
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You know, that really sucks. Oh well that she hadto play tennis. She had a responsibility as a mother to stay home with her sick kid!

Thats SO messed up. That is why this crap is SO bad.

I really hope you all dodge this Stella.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img](My fellow Marylander) If your son gets it make sure he v* or sh*ts on HER! (oops, did I say that)Edited by: madisonsmom

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

STELLA ~~~

I agree with you, and good for you for telling her off!! That poor little boy, probably still not feeling well at all!! Oh, and you're not a b**ch, you're smart!!!!</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I think if more people did what you did and call these parents on their stupidity, more people would get a clue. WTF?! Take care of your kid!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] Some people are just way too selfish to be parents. I'm surprised that with a fever, the school didn't send the boy home. Doesn't take a genius to know that fever=too sick to be at school.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Ok, I might, I said MIGHT half way understand this mothers stupidity, IF she brought him back today because of her job, but because she wanted to play tennis. OMG, what a whack job!!!! Stella, I dont know what you told her, but I have a feeling I would have had some not so nice words for her. This mother is just plain selfish!!!! Its people like her that keep this crap running rampant like it does.

You and I think alike on alot of things, I do not in any way think you are a b***h!!!!

I hope that your son stays well, and that please God, (or whatever higher power you (all forum members) get your strength from) this crap ends soon!!!!

I agree with 2jo2, does the school have a policy about children not attending school with a fever? Our school's policy is the child must be v* and fever-free for 24 hours before coming back to school. We have to call a special line when our kids will be absent from school when they're sick and say exactly what is wrong with them because the school has to report to the health department. So if I called on a Tuesday and said I wasn't sending my daughter to school because she had a fever, they would not let her back on Wednesday (unless I could prove she got rid of the fever within ten minutes after calling the school on Tuesday lol).
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

When i went to pick my daughter up from school on Monday, the class helper bought her out and said she had a headache and had been feeling dizzy all day. When i got my daughter home, i quizzed her and it turned out that she had reported the headache at 9.30am, but was told to go and play! it was 3.20pm when i picked her up, no wonder she felt rough, the headache had gradually got worse. Anyway my daughter then tells me that she sat in the medical room with another child who was feeling sick. I was a bit cross so when i took my other daughter to school yesterday (they both go to same school), i went and saw my daughters teacher. She said she never sends a child home unless there is an obvious sign (ie v*, fever etc.,). I spoke to another mum who said apparantly the teacher just 'jollies' them along and doesn't send any child home unless necessay. OK i can see that some children might play onfake illnesses, but my God, when a child is sitting by a bucket, how obvious do you need? Needless to say the child who was feeling sick wasn't in school today, apparantly she had been sick when she got home! Now my daughter was exposed, i am going crazy! Lucily my daughter is back to her oldself today and it would appear the headache had turned into a migraine! When i take her back today i will be having words with the teacher. I'm not a happy mummy at all!

Let us know what happens.............
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I think there is a large percentage of parents who send their kids to school when they are sick, or getting over being sick and still are contagious. We hear about kids who are sick in our childrens classrooms but what about the other classrooms? The washrooms that all the kids use, the cafeteria where the eat side by side?No wonder you hear about schools closing down, those parents are to blame. Theseparents will never change.
    I don't blame you for wigging out stella, I would have done it to.

So i took my girls to school this morning and spoke to the head teacher about why children are not sent home when they are obviously ill. Apparantly, in most cases, the children are sent home. In my daughters case, she told the teacher she felt a bit better at lunch time and in the other girls situation, the school couldn't get hold of her mum to get her. I told the head teacher i was not happy that my child had to sit in a medical room with an obviously ill child and she asked what was she supposed to do? I said it would have been better to have kept my daughter in the class with the other children, but in a quiert corner. She just looked at me. So, it would appear my complaint fell on deaf ears AGAIN! Grrrrrrrrr i hate schools!

I think if some of these teachers or office workers at the schools had this phobia they would be telling the parents to get with it and don't send their kids to school. This will continue on deaf ears.

And tonight when i picked my children up, a little girl in the class opposite my daughter had told her mum she felt sick this morning, mum sent her to school 'too busy with the other kids', so this girl was sick in the hall, in front of all the children - exposure for everyone and nasty for this poor girl. My daughter tells me they didn't put anything over the v* just 2 chairs. OMG are these people thick or what???? I'm going back in tommorow and will not let this rest until i've got my point across.

Trixie, I hope you manage to get the school to listen. Last September I arrived to collect my daughter from school and she came out in a terrible state. She had a really high temperature and was sobbing. She had told the teacher in the morning she felt ill and the teacher had just told her to have a drink of water. It ended up she hadtonsilitis. I felt so bad that my daughter had been sat at school really unwell and nobody had contacted me. Not only had she been spreading germs amongst her class, she had been really distressed which is unusual for my usually very sensible and bubbly daughter. I was not brave enough to say anything but my husband was. Once again it fell on deaf ears. I really hope you have some luck tomorrow and actually get some kind of response.

How are you doing stella?

Oh my gosh!! I wish you could all come live here and send your kiddos to my kid's school!!! I helped in my daughter's kindergarten class on Monday and one little boy complained vaguely of his ear hurting a little bit but kept on coloring, etc., but the teacher still went and got him tylenol (we sign a form at the beginning of the year if it's ok with us if our kids get tylenol). Both of us felt him and he wasn't feverish (we have a small private school, no nurse) and he didn't want us to call his mom. The teacher still called her at lunch break just to give her a heads up. They are very conscientious about sending sick kids home and communicating with parents.

I am so sorry you all are having such a time with your children'sschools. That makes me want to cry!!Poor little lambs
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

Wow sounds like you have a great school for your kids!

That is horrible. I remember going to TAFE and some poor guy named BJ showed up, he was pale as anEnglish person who'se just seen a ghost. He stumbled out of class after 3 minutes to v*. He was stuck in the toilets all day. How can parents do this. I talked to him after he said his mom said he HAD to go to TAFE because it was compulsory and your grades are based on attendance. What a load of crap! If he is sick he deserves the day off. Especially v* sick.

I mean, if that isn't so bad that they can send them to school, what if he had broken bones, v*, d*, n*, VERY fatigued and almost passing out. I've seen it and hate it when parents do that whilst in the other direction, there are parents who let their kids get the day off school because they feel tired because they went to bed at 1am.

Went into school again today and asked why the v* hadn't been covered over yesterday. The Headteacher said 'there wasn't time' i said there was time to put 2 chairs over it, why not some sand, or whatever they use'. She apologised and said 'i can see you get very upset about illnesses' i replied, 'no i get very upset when people expose my children unnessecarily to illnesses'. I didn't go into my fear or anything else, why should i? But i put my point across about the need for schools to practice good hygiene. And i mentioned how ill children should not be allowed to come to school and/or should not come back until 2 days after v*, she said no, 24 hours, i agreed (this is better than the current attitude!). I told her i would go home and write a letter that they can copy and send out to parents about good hygiene and when not to send your child to school. I don't think she liked it, but tough! If i do not notice these leaflets being handed out, i shall copy them myself and hand them out myself. I don't care if people laugh at me, or call me over protective, i WILL get my point across and even if i just stop a handful of parents sending ill children to school, then i will have achieved something. Now off to do the leaflet!

I agree with you Trixie. My daughter has been off school all week. No v or d, but she is complaining of a pain in her tummy. I got her ready today as i had work to go to. On the way to school she was crying so i came home with her. I phoned my work and told them and they just said " there is noone to do your work now". What am i supposed to do. This government of ours wants mums to work, but they dont understand that our kids come first. I am now very upset and i feel so much pressure from my work. I cant help it. I had very bad d this morning, i think this is due to stress, with my son aswell.

I cant be a working mum anymore, its too much. But living in England is so expensive it is impossable to live off one wage.

I am so upset, i hate trying to do everything. I really need help.
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Oh Fifi, you poor thing. All this you are going through, remember one thing, YOU ARE A GOOD MUM. You came home with your daughter, you were/are there for her. It is hard to survive i know, but work is work. If there's no one to do your job, tough! You are the only person who can be mum to your children, is there anybody who can stand in? i think not. I know its easier said than done, but don't let them get to you. Look about for another job if you are not happy where you are. You must be happy in your job, or it will make you unhappy at home.

Fifi, why don't you make an appointment for your daughter to see a Dr? that way it will put your mind at rest, because like me, i expect you worry. Do you have a husband/partner? talk to him about how you feel. See if you can work something out, even if its temporary.

For the d*, i always take 2 x immodium after the first time and 1 x after each time after. I find it clears after 2 times and the immodium settles my tum too.

Take time today to relax as much as you can. You must remember that you are a brilliant mum. work can take a hike. On a lighter note, my hubby worked for an employer last year who worked him like i've never known for crap wages. Anyway my poor hubby would work 7 days a week and it got to him. He told his boss he didn't want to work every weekend and his boss said 'tough, its in your contract to work weekends'. I can't tell you how cross this made me. I stewed and stewed and one day i picked the phone up and phoned his boss and told him that when my hubby married me it is not in his contract to work weekends. This bloke was speechless! Mind you my hubby left soon after, but i had the last laugh! he he.

Love and hugs to you x x

Thank you Trixie for your kind words. I have made an appointment to see the Doc, next week for both of us. She is in bed playing at the moment, happy as anything. Maybe she feels insecure and wants to be with me. My hubby is great, but he is there Step dad, but he is good with them and he knows its hard for me. I dont feel ill, just very tired and p...ed off. I know work is work and i really dont care if they said that. The whole place is not going to close cos i am not in!!!!! Trouable is i have to make up the hours when i am off with the kids, that is why i said it was me ill ( even though i did have very bad d this am). I think you did well re your hubbys boss- GIRL POWER!.

thank you for cheering me up trixie.

Lots of hugs

Fifi
    Big hugs
    Fifi
    xxxxx

Hi Fifi, i'm glad i cheered you up a bit. When you go to the Drs next week why don't you see if you can get a week or two signed off work. It will do you good. Just an idea.

Keep well

Love and hugs x x x

FIFI~~~~

You are a great mother!!!!!!!!

TRIXIE~~~~

Good for you on the pamphlet issue!!!! Can I see it when you're done? Just curious, and have a feeling it will be great!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Stella - you were right to say something. I don't know whether people are just ignorant or selfish (or both). I just found out that a boy in my son's class v'd at school on Tuesday and was back in class on Wednesday. So basically his parents didn't even give him 24 hours to recuperate. Now, of course, I am completely stressed that my son will catch it. My god - I just hate this!

And, I am alsoa mom who has to work. I know how hard it is to miss work because of a sick kid, but putting them back in school too soon just increases the chances that it will spread. Hopefully my son won't get sick, but it's going to be a stressful few dayswhile we wait.

Fifi - I admire you for putting your daughter first - working outside the home with children is so hard...