Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I hate to beat a dead horse but I'm really freaking out. I posted this in the question and answer section in hopes of finding someone who had eaten this before. I got some of the frozen Smart Ones Desserts the chocolate cake one and it says not to refreeze. I know that it was an hour before I got mine in the freezer this weekend and I'm afraid it had already thawed since when I put one out on the counter a bit ago it thawed in about 30 minutes. I ate a couple of bites but was afraid that it had spoiled because it probably had thawed out already before I even got home with it. Am I worrying for nothing?? Now I'm worried that I ate some of it and it was bad!!!! How long do I have to worry that I'll be sick?????????

i eat them & everytime i get home they are always frozen cuz my mom, dad & i always wait until last to get the frozen foods so they'll stay frozen. it sounds like it's fine.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I think chocolate cake would be ok...I would be worried if it were
    chicken or some other meat...I have heard that it says do not refreeze
    on some things because the icing or whatever melts, and makes a mess of
    the packaging when it is refrozen..does that even make sense? lol sorry
    I am exhausted right now...

I have eaten tons of cakes and cookies that were baked in December,
    frozen, eaten at xmas, refrozen, and eaten again...and I never got sick.

You will be fine!!!

JAMIE DAWN

I think you'll be just fine. It may even not have anything to do with spoilage that they say not to re-freeze. It may be that the texture gets weird, or the frosting doesn't have that fancy star shape if it thaws and then re-freezes.

Think of it this way, into everything there is built a fudge/safety factor. If it was truely dire that things remain totally frozen at all times before consumption, they'd make you have a cooler to drive your groceries home in, or pack things in dry ice or whatever. Don't let emet get in the way of your logical side!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I eat them daily!! You are fine. I thaw them out to eat them and I spend an hour in the grocery after I get them.I have no idea why they need to stay frozen...it's chocolate cake with choc syrup. What could go bad?? I think they say that so they can keep them for longer. I eat one every single day and I sometimes even notice that all the choc. has run to one side which means that the sauce stuff on top has thawed out and been refrozen.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

I eat lots of the stuff from my cafeteria at College. Frozen night after night because no-one takes them from the front window.

To my knowledge, there is no way of bacteria growing on chocolate or cake. As mentioned above.

Also, with most bacteria types, it has to be sitting in the warmth for bac to grow and multiply. Even so, boiling/burning/heating/whatever kills it, whilst freezing completely stops its reproduction cycle.

Foods like meat harbour it. Anthing from an animal. Because some can come from inside the body.

Cake is completely safe in my opinion.